HD RSN'S are a JOKE

Would you rather they just turn on these HD RSNs all the time? or fill the non-hd times with HD Infomercials? That would be a waste of space. Assigning a channel # and broadcasting just the HD content is a VERY WISE use of space. Lets them use the limited Sat. Space for other channels.

And why is this so important to you? Inferiority complex? Dude, enjoy what you can get. would you like them to count it as a 10th of a channel?
I'm glad that both E* & D* are lighting up the RSN's in HD. However, these channels are Regional not National and for the most part are only part-time HD channels. They should be labeled and marketed as such. To include the RSN's in your National HD lineup is misleading and quite probably false advertising.

Yes they are Regional but you can get them National with the sports pack. Now you will ot get out of market pro games if they are an exclusive package. But counting them in the number of HD channels is valid.

Counting them as HD Channels is fine, but calling them "National Channels" is a bit of a misnomer,

If D* said, 70 National HD Channels, plus 30 Regional Sports Channels in HD sounds just as good as 100 National HD Channels... and it would get alot of people off there back.

Sorry, I just dont believe that sports is a good media to put hd into specialy when sports programming is already way overpriced in any package and now it gives E and D and all the cable companies including the actual providers even more reason to charge you and me the customer more for the privilege to view or in my case not view the programming. And really it is a waste of space to have a channel wether hd or sd that will only show programming part of the time.

I am not a big sports fan besides for Hockey. But, I will have to say the only way to watch any sporting event is in HD. I catch myself watching sports I would have never even thought of watching (soccer) just because the picture is so clear.
My question is this year when I order the Center Ice package will I be able to get the games outside of my RSN in HD. For example my RSN is NY, will I be able to see Pittsburg games in HD. Also, I wonder if we will ever get comcast Philly. It kills me to buy center ice ever year just so I can watch the Flyers when it would be included if I had cable.

My question is this year when I order the Center Ice package will I be able to get the games outside of my RSN in HD. For example my RSN is NY, will I be able to see Pittsburg games in HD.

If you subscribe to CI then yes, you should be able to get the out of market HD games. I believe E* was preparing for this by mirroring the HD RSN channels before they lost MLB EI. Nothing has been promised by E* but in theory that should be possible.

I think its a good Idea to have the RSN HD's part time for games. Because when else do you really watch them.I know I only watch them when there is a game on that I want to see.And now if its in HD thats even better.I would have maybe taken something other then RSN's in HD.Maybe FX or TBS,even my locals.IMO the RSN's can wait.

If you subscribe to CI then yes, you should be able to get the out of market HD games. I believe E* was preparing for this by mirroring the HD RSN before they lost MLB EI. Nothing has been promised by E* but in theory that should be possible.

I subscribe to CI and I guess it never crossed my mind if I would be getting the out of market games on their respective FSN HD channels. I wonder how that would work ? Would I be able to view FSN Pittsburgh HD for example in the Pens were playing ??

With CI you wouldn't get FSN Pittsburgh per se, you would watch the fsn pitt hd feed of the game on a CI HD channel designated by Dish. Essentially it would be a mirror of the FSN Pitt HD feed but only during the game.

I'm glad that both E* & D* are lighting up the RSN's in HD. However, these channels are Regional not National and for the most part are only part-time HD channels. They should be labeled and marketed as such. To include the RSN's in your National HD lineup is misleading and quite probably false advertising.

Holy hyperbole batman. Where did you study law Voyager?

To the Colts guy who started this conversation:

I think think you have a valid question. The question is how much bandwidth does E* use to just display the logo on an HD station.

If the answer is they use the same bandwidth showing the logo that they would broadcasting a station I can understand the gripe.

If the answer is, they only use bandwidth while showing an event in HD then its up to the consumer to decide if they think thats effective use of the bandwidth.(To me it would seem so.)

The flip side to this whole mess is what channels are out there that D* and E* should have instead of the RSN's in HD.

Lets make this clear not what channels would you like to see in HD. Which HD channels that currently exist (I hope your choice actually shows HD content too) would you like to see added instead of the HD RSN's.

Bandwidth concerns:

At 129, there is one logo shared by about 14 RSNs and those 14 RSNs share 5 game sources.
I noticed today that STOHD moved to 129tp27. It has a game on tonight. I'm wondering if 129tp8 is like a parking lot, and 129tp27 is for the overflow when it gets too crowded with games.

I noticed today that STOHD moved to 129tp27. It has a game on tonight. I'm wondering if 129tp8 is like a parking lot, and 129tp27 is for the overflow when it gets too crowded with games.

Good catch. What else is on 129tp27? That might tell us.

Seems to be what is happening at this point. There are 3 possible game sources on Tp 27. The way they are assigning them seems to reflect their knowledge of the problems with Tp 27, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)