Problems with Roku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TVHabit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Southwest Desert
I have an ongoing problem with Huluplus on my Roku. It freezes, drops and will not respond to remote commands intermittently. Sometimes it works but most times it doesn't. It is very unreliable. I have removed the channel and reinstalled as directed by customer service but the problem soon returns although it does seem to help for awhile.
Huluplus seems to be the only problem child...even the "junk channels" work better than Hulu. Any ideas??

Never seen this problem. Got the first gen model and hulu plus gets a lot of mileage on it.
Top of my head, could it be a firmware issue?

Cheers, K

if you are using wireless..the connection might be dropping..hulu and mlb seem to most susceptible..try a Ethernet cable (if u can)

Y'all, first I am not a techie , but have dropped DTV and plan to buy a good Blu Ray player, or whatever I might need. I really don't know what all I need . I see everyone has so very many different and sometimes , two of a kind players. What does one need so many for ? Why a WD or two , Roku , Boxee , etc and etc. Will I need a lot ?

Y'all, first I am not a techie , but have dropped DTV and plan to buy a good Blu Ray player, or whatever I might need. I really don't know what all I need . I see everyone has so very many different and sometimes , two of a kind players. What does one need so many for ? Why a WD or two , Roku , Boxee , etc and etc. Will I need a lot ?

It all depends on what your needs are,also what type of internet speeds you can get.If it's only about streaming netflix,amazon,hulu,vudu,hbogo,then the roku would be your best choice.Now if you have dvd or blu ray iso's (rips) etc.you would probably prefer a wdtv.The other factor is how many tv's you want to connect.

Check out http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/305458-Which-media-player-players-do-you-own and see some discussion of different uses for different boxes.

Right now I don't have anything. But I would like a Blu Ray player and a Roku. Roku does not have Youtube , so I do want that. The Blu Ray will have youtube. Outside of these two , I don't know of anything else. This will be for one TV only. My internet speed is 6.0 down . This is with AT&T . Eventually , I would like to get a laptop with widi and a widi adaptor , so I can get the internet on the TV also. It could be that If I do this , I might not need anything else. Except perhaps Netflix.

I grabbed a Magnavox Bd player with streaming at wally world for $58.It has youtube,netflix,vudu,and a couple more,also has dlna.For the price not bad at all.

Say it three times. I will not be an internet smartass again. I will not be an internet smartass again. I will not be an internet smartass again. lol

I checked my billing on my online banking and see I'm being charged only $3 a month for streaming unlimited for Netflix. The only service on my Netflix account. Anyone else?

Lucky you,$7.99 plus tax here.You may want to contact them,your libel to get a larger bill,once the system catches on.

I checked my billing on my online banking and see I'm being charged only $3 a month for streaming unlimited for Netflix. The only service on my Netflix account. Anyone else?
maybe u should call and complain.............................................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)