Problems with SES-2 (87W)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Hello and thanks for reading my post. I've been having some problems with SES-2 (87W), both on C-Band and Ku Band. Namely, these TP's:

11812/H/11149 (LPB)

And

4000/H/29125 (Heartland)

LPB is completely gone during the day. Tonight, the signal strength is bouncing between 30-70% on my MicroHD.

Heartland on C-Band is now gone during the day. Tonight, the signal is bouncing between 0-60% but it's so unstable the MicroHD can't decode it.

Every other Bird seems to be working good. Just to be on the safe side, I checked the alignment on both dishes (no problems found).

Is anybody else having trouble with SES-2 on the TP's mentioned above?

I put a couple pics in this thread (currently last post) showing LPBS signal strength at about 5:00 Central Time. The smaller 84e dish was working better than typically seen. 20 minutes after the pic was taken, I could not get a whiff of the signal, even on the 1.8m Prodeline. It's like they turned it off. If they did, I can't say.

Right now on the Amiko A3 from a GeosatPro 90cm, through the H-H motor, 4x1 DiSEqC and VBOX, the signal is bouncing like it typically does between 10-50%.

Something's going on with 87W Ku lately. I haven't been able to scan in the LPB channels for a few weeks now. But, just the other day, I scanned a channel in there named Vegas PBS [12050/V/4800] and a few other odd channels later on.

I haven't had any issues with C band that I've noticed, but I don't watch 87W C much.

LPBS is rock solid @ 85% at this time on a 1.8m Prodeline.

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)