Problems with Sound when using both DVI and Component

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I use DVI for my HD VOOM channels, but I get much better PQ for SD channels on the component input--as I can tweak my Sony LCD 42" Grand Wega to improve much beyond the DVI input.

HOWEVER, there are not enough sound outputs from the VOOM box to allow another audio output to go to the Component input on my HDTV. (I am using the other analog audio output to go to a DVD recorder)

BUt I do have the digital optical output from VOOM going to my Sony Audio Receiver and I use that for the sound when tuning to the Component input.

PROBLEM: When I change channels on VOOM, I lose the sound output (via the digital optical output) going into my Sound receiver and cannot get it back unless I turn the receiver off and on. But if I input the channel numbers I can often eliminate this problem, but using the channel button or guide to choose another channel wipes out the sound.

Anyone else have this problem and what work-around could I try?

bookwalk said:
HOWEVER, there are not enough sound outputs from the VOOM box to allow another audio output to go to the Component input on my HDTV. (I am using the other analog audio output to go to a DVD recorder)

Anyone else have this problem and what work-around could I try?

You could try using a pair of RCA "Y" adapters, sending the audio to both.
A male RCA to two female RCA.

Some receivers fall back to analog audio inputs whenever they lose DD synchronization.
See if you can disable this automatic input selection in your receiver and force it to use the optical input at all times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)