Problems With TBS HD

twd3lr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Benton, AR
I have a 622 and am pulling in TBS HD on sat 129. For whatever reason, though, it won't tune in about half the time--I get the searching for signal error screen followed by the unable to acquire screen. The other half of the time it comes in fine. Note that I am not having any problems pulling in other channels off of 129. Anyone else having difficulties with TBS HD?

I haven't had a problem with TBS. Other than the playoff picture quality, which is good, my only problem with TBS is that the channel isn't worth the bandwidth it's given.

I'd rather have TSB HD, then a 24/7 PPV HD channel taking up bandwith.

I thought TBS HD was on 110 sat, but just noticed 541 & 542 are the only 2 HD PPV on 61.5 and 129.

Still no 129. After I unplugged the 211 , it takes me to the Congrats you have Dish 500 screen. My other 2 receivers, 311 and 811 see the 129 when I go into the check switch.

I'd rather have TSB HD, then a 24/7 PPV HD channel taking up bandwith.

I thought TBS HD was on 110 sat, but just noticed 541 & 542 are the only 2 HD PPV on 61.5 and 129.

I"m sure they'll restore the PPV channel on Wed when the uplinks happen. They'll then more TBS to a new location. In other words, after the MLB playoffs TBS HD will be a waste of bandwidth. It will probably cost us a channel that actually has HD content aside from a once a year event.

Transponder 6 / 129 on my system shows only a 25 on the new signal strength screen. (Atlanta area) Most of my active 129 Xponders show 40.

Wouldn't take much to make it dump.

You need to check your dish! I get 40 on 6 and 55+ on the stronger channels in okla south central.

You need to check your dish! I get 40 on 6 and 55+ on the stronger channels in okla south central.

No, he doesn't. It's his location. I'm getting mid 20s too on Transponder 6 at 129. You are in an area where 129 is the strongest, so consider yourself lucky.

Since I also have 61.5, I removed the 129 feed and ran check switch. I'm tired of 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts