Status
Please reply by conversation.

airgator96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Kansas City BBQ Heaven
Hey guys,

I have the twinhan 1027 install, and I installed the software. I have a signal locked in.

When I go to scan a sat the program crashes.

I uninstalled the program, and moved the twinhan into another pci slot. Same problem... what should I do?

thanks

Try different software other than Twinhan. (MyTheatre?)

Check the Device Manager to see that drivers are installed. (Look for yellow ! marks)

Verify cable with another device. (STB)

Check for shared IRQ's.

I tried using dvbdream, and mytheater.

I picked up a few channels with dvbdream, but when I put in pbs hd tp it hasn't worked since.

Do I need another codec, plugin or something like that, and if so where do you get this things?

And then where do you put them?

thanks

At this point it looks hopeless... but I know it is not.

Ok I can get a few Channels on amc3 87 to work for a few min then dvbdream goes into a freeze/crash like state...

Is it a codec's problem, and if so I do I change them out?

I am now getting all channels, because I went to twinhan website and Dl'd there newest Sat software.

The "only" problem I have now is that the HD is sooooooo jumpy. It is almost unwatchable.

Any ideas?

Use Cyberlink or Nvidia codecs with hardware acceleration enabled, Also be sure to select Generic Renderer.

Thanks for replying jerryt!

I have come to actually like the (new)twinhan software from their website the best so far. I've tried dvbdream, and tsreader lite, and both look like they come from the early 90's. And dvbdream seems to crash alot.

The only problem I'm having is with HD playing without being so jumpy. I know my PC can handle HD so it has to be a codec issue.

I've downloaded some codec lite thingy. I'm not sure how to configure it to work with the twinhan software. Any idea's? Or do they automaticly work once you install codec packages? Thoughts?

Is there a plug in or something that lets you use EPG? Everytime I pull it up there is nothing available.

Also, I am not sure if this is just a overall pci card thing or not, but the channel changing delay seems to take forever compared to my fortec reciever is this normal? Is it ever instant?

I have come to actually like the (new)twinhan software from their website the best so far.
Are you talking about Digital TV 3.3? :confused: This steaming pile never found a single channel on any satellite with my setup. Because of that, I wasted 2 weeks and returned a perfectly good card to my retailer for a replacement. :rolleyes:

The only problem I'm having is with HD playing without being so jumpy. I know my PC can handle HD so it has to be a codec issue. I've downloaded some codec lite thingy. I'm not sure how to configure it to work with the twinhan software. Any idea's? Or do they automaticly work once you install codec packages? Thoughts?

Twinhan software does not allow you to change codec's, and uses Cyberlink codec by default. Did you turn HA (Hardware acceleration) on?

Is there a plug in or something that lets you use EPG? Everytime I pull it up there is nothing available.

There is not EPG on FTA.

Also, I am not sure if this is just a overall pci card thing or not, but the channel changing delay seems to take forever compared to my fortec reciever is this normal? Is it ever instant?

Never instant, but 1/2 to 1 second is great. Altdvb is the fastest channel changing program I have seen.

My Advice; Pick one of these three programs and stick with it until you get it working great. My order of preference; MyTheatre (Closed Captions !!), DvbDream, and Altdvb.

I have to agree with the Twinhan software being garbage. I've tried a lot of them but stick with DVBDream and TSReader depending on what I'm trying to do.

twinhan is garbage just bought vp-7021 and cant get it to install software cant find the hardware any one got this problem or a solution

Ever since I came across tsreader I could not go back to any application I've tried before. In my opinion it's an amazing piece of software: it scans extremely fast, it allows to record individual pids, a single program or a whole mux, uses very little cpu, works with numerous switches, and I could go on and on and on.

It's the only app that records ABC's ac3 properly for me - all the other ones appear not to like the high bitrate abc hd uses.

You can also use it to stream to vlc or your favorite player.

Paul

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts