Problems with WSBK 38-1 in Boston since 12/29

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
I checked my signal strengths, they are all 94-98 for all locals, with WSBK the exception, it is 89-90. It always has been.

Until 12/29, it came it perfectly. Now it is breaking up badly, mostly black screen.

Does this on my hd tv tuner (it is has an hd tuner too), as well as the voom box.

So, does anyone know if 38-1 is having problems in Boston?

Any boston people getting it ok?

Why would a signal of 89-90 get a blackout like I am seeing?

I live 11 miles from the boston tower in needham and it seems a differant channel comes and goes weekly, this is not rain fade or storm. my guess is many are still not running at full power yet

rc

You are seeing different channel 38's? Or different channels?

The signal strength I test is channel 39, which is where 38 broadcasts their digital signals.

I believe that wsbk has lowered their power for some reason, but why would my receiver still show an 89-90 signal strength?

I'm around 25 miles s/w of the transmitters and it's coming in solid here. No change from prior reception.

owlbox said:
I'm around 25 miles s/w of the transmitters and it's coming in solid here. No change from prior reception.
In Franklin, MA. No problems with channel 38 whatsoever. I have the exact same problem with channel 5 (abc) however :eek:

I wonder if the cold and/or snow/rain/humidity change caused a small variation in antenna reception?

Same types of problems, for different people on different channels.

Hmmmm....Time to repeak the uhf antenna

strange behavior on OTA

Since all the leaves have dropped from the trees I would have expected better reception. Although we are getting a solid lock on WSBK several other channels seem to be worse than they were during the summer. ch7 has gone from 99 to 94 on a clear day and flakes out with rain/snow. Also ch44.x are about 95 but wind and weather causes problems there too. Maybe an antenna adjustment is in order. Now that the leaves are gone the path for the signal must be a bit different. What a pain!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)