Prodelin dish gets a new home

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
This morning a guy from a satellite contractor company walked up to me and asked where the company training equipment was. He was there to remove the equipment that was no longer used.

My lucky day!!!:D:D:D:D

I am now the proud owner of a Prodelin 6ft fiberglass dish model# 0179-189. What a beautifully made dish. The NPR mount included when weather permits to get it down.

Pics to follow.

I am now the proud owner of a Prodelin 6ft fiberglass dish model# 0179-189. What a beautifully made dish. The NPR mount included when weather permits to get it down.

Cool!!!

I'm still waiting on mine. :(

It'll come eventually. Everything comes to him who waits. :)

I had one of those once. I gave it to a buddy who used my homemade bracket on the lnbf arm to make it "receive only". It had a hughes net radio on it when I got it.

Made a decent C band dish on G10R plus a stellar ku dish. I had a couple of c band lnbf's mounted off axis and got signals.

Great dish - but weighed a ton!!

I got the dish home safely and now to get the NPR mount.

I would have gladly rolled this one down the street at 2:AM. :)

Attachments

• Picture 145.jpg
    Picture 145.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 438
Linuxman posted some similar pix last year.
I think his looked like yours.

Below is an alternate version (maybe newer?) with 3-point suspension of the LNB.
I prefer the more macho to the Tinkerbell design.

Now you got me breathin' hard and lookin' harder to get one, too! - :up

Attachments

• ProdelinAus1080x780.jpg
    ProdelinAus1080x780.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 429
Those are some heavy duty dishes. You should have seen me carrying that thing up a step ladder by myself! It weighs more than my 10' mesh dish!

I painted mine flat forest green so it would blend in with the trees behind it.
I used to get 60% c-band quality on G-10R C-band outdoor channel with a pansat 2500A.

any extra info?

We purchased this same dish for my company's roof about ~1 year ago. Trying to find information for "0179-189" has been a bit of a hassle (though it did lead me here!). We've got this beauty held down with 2000lbs of brick on their square mounts, and right now we've got a sharp BS1R8EL500A hooked up to it.... cept it doesn't fit the mount! Looking for spare parts to no avail...

I love the zip-tie mount holder. We're using a ubolt and some rubber insulation to hold it in place. Wouldn't mind putting the 'right' mount on it though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)