Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satfaca

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
46N, 14.5E
Folks,
I am steps away from getting a brand new solid dish, cannot decide between these two:
DH Satellite 9' (2.7 m) one-piece aluminium
or
Prodelin 8' (2.4 m) fiber glas

Any experiences from either available? Maybe some thoughts about + & - for both?

It would be used with HH for simultanous reception in C & Ku band (Seavey ESR 124-H).

TNX

PS.
Wanted to paste links but I am not allowed (yet).:rant:

just opinion:

What are you looking to receive?
Reason I ask, is 'cause some folks with good 8½ dishes, are having trouble with -some- S2.
So, if you are investing for the future, ya want one that'll be good for what they throw at us in the next 10+ years. - :up

As for the commercial dishes, the first two guys with extensive experience who come to mind, are ACradio and MikeKohl.
I'm sure many other members do too, and now that I've thrown down the gauntlet, maybe they'll speak up and we can all learn about these dishes you've chosen. - :D

I'd be proud to own either, but only if I got 'em surplus.

Check the longitude and latitude----it's in Europe!
PATRIOT and TRUE FOCUS make 3-meter antennas, if you want superb C/Ku band reception. TRUE FOCUS is more costly, but reflector is made of aluminum versus steel for the PATRIOT brand. The TRUE FOCUS ships in larger container with typical four panel reflector for the 3.0 or 3.8 meter models, and is more accurate over the long term---if you can afford the shipping costs, which would be most advisable via truck to a US East Coast seaport, and ocean freight across the Atlantic to customer's location.

Thank you for your fast reply, Mike.
The question is not about alternatives to two mentioned dishes as they are the only alternatives here due to fact that they're both easily shippable from european locations.
Price of the antennas is about the same.

Question is whether one-piece full aluminium dish outperforms a three-panel fiber glass or not. I would surely go for 2.7 dish, it gives more gain specially in C-band, but its transportation is more costly and takes longer time to get it. Besides I do have some limitations on the load with my HH motor so 2.4 m is favourable in this case.

I've been having excellent results in C-band with current Orbitron SX-8.5 but it's a nightmare in Ku. So from this point of view Prodelin of 2.4 meter would be just fine.
It teases me to know whether DH 2.7 meter would give so much more against the Prodelin 2.4 meter that I should go for DH.
For friends in US, this means 9' against 8'.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts