Prof 8000 PCI and My Theatre, no positioner

mikeydxer

Original poster
May 4, 2006
Alden NY
Hi all! I have the Prof S2 8000 on a dedicated computer and am wondering if this card supports my DG 380 H-H positioner? I had this positioner working before with a different card, but I can't seem to get it to work with this one. I am using My Theatre software, and I must be missing something because I cannot get the dish to move with this card. The motor is USALS compatable and DiSEq also. Anyone else have this card running a positioner? I tried resetting the motor as per the manual but still doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mikey

I feel your pain :( I use MyTheatre as my main viewing source. I also would like to use my Prof card, but MyTheatre needs a device file update to enable DiSEqC in more cards. I use a TeVii S464 card because it's one of the few supported in MyTheatre completely. I also used a Hauppauge WinTV NovaS2 card but there are some quirks to that combination. I can use my C/KU 3m dish with MT because I also have a remote for the VBox controlling the dish when I want to use a Prof or TBS card. I wish some of the companies could write the .dev file needed for their cards or Saar to get back into updating his program. While generic BDA drivers enable MyTheatre to work with many cards, DiSEqC is still not available without specific software. :(

Thanks, Magic Static for that in depth response! I was afraid that was the issue, although, I thought I ran my positioner once before , but now that I think of it, it was with a Win TV card, not the Prof 8000. You know with all the money spent on this stuff you would think they would work with almost everything and if not at least offer some kind of updates! Oh well, guess I will have to run the dish motor with Smart DVB and switch back to MT. Thanks for your answer! Mikey

Blame windows, when they created the dvb api they didn't think diseqc was important. So software/driver oems had to make their own proprietary api for diseqc

UDL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts