X2 and DIseq1.2 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
OK so I've been playing around with this new receiver and I've got a problem with the Diseq1.2 function, ie, the receiver won't move the dish? I've programmed 5 satellites in and assigned their position as it's stored in the Vbox X but I can't get the receiver to run to any of those positions?? I read where a guy on the other board has the same problem, but no one has given him a fix?

I can't get the dish to move from the >Antenna Settings >Diseq1.2 menu either, ie, where it says "Direction" and you hit the arrow left and right key it shows East and or West but the dish doesn't move??

I did watch the ball game on it last night and I also did several blind scans but I have to use the Vbox X remote to move the dish to those locations

I've also got a problem with the PVR function too but I'll wait until the dish movement problem is solved before I address that one.

This receiver came with the Sept 17 firmware installed.

How is that gonna help him with a vbox and 10 foot dish?

And add a linear actuator to that also. From what I understand, USALS won't work with those either.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow and if no one knows of a fix then I'll just reload the firmware and try again. That Vbox X works fine with the S9 and the Elite so I know that it's not the problem.

I've already tried to edit the satellite list as there's no degree designation on any of them and that's what I go by, not names. The channel editor sux! I just tried to remove all the radio channels and the program crashed. I lost everything I had already done?? I guess I need to do a save after every step to keep that from happening again.

On a positive note, I think the PVR problem I thought I had may be a couple of movie files that are corrupt. I'm going to move that hard drive back to the AZBox to see if they will play there and if not, then that's probably what happened to them. I have backup copies on two computers and the other PVRs.

What's a vbox?

Electronic dish controller. The receiver tells the Vbox X to move to positions that are programmed into it, ie, each satellite position has a number. On my system that is from P1 to P61, 37.4 to 139 West.

I've already tried to edit the satellite list as there's no degree designation on any of them and that's what I go by, not names.

There's your problem right there. My X2 satellite list HAS degree designations! Some people from much older firmware (that had sats listed out of order) had their motors runnings backwards, UNTIL they put sats in the proper degree slots for North America.

IF you have the latest software, they must have messed with the list again, and you need to get a proper list to fix it, or hand-edit every sat yourself.

Well, they were all in the proper location with each other. I did edit that list this afternoon though putting the degree number in front of the name, like I have it on my S9 and AZBox but it still doesn't work. Example: 139_C_AMC8 and so on. I don't have all of them with position numbers yet though. Only 6 of them have those but it should run to any one of those that I pull up and click on with locations programmed in on.

Dunno, guy over on the other board had the same problem listed in a post dated October 4th but nothing was ever said about fixing it? I posted a question for him earlier this evening asking if had resolved that problem. Will check in a bit to see if he responded.

I just got my V Box VII today and hooked it up and it's working great with my X-2, latest firmware. My C dish has a H-H motor though, not an actuator. I already had the sats. scanned in and all I did was set the receiver on a channel for whatever sat. I wanted to setup and then moved the dish with the V Box until the channel came in. Then I saved Diseq1.2 settings for that sat in the receiver, then saved the position in the V Box, then I went to the next sat and repeated the same for the rest I wanted. I'm using Usals for my Ku dish and that's working fine through the V Box too.

On my X-2 the names in the list doesn't matter much at all, all the sats. I have setup do have their proper locations. If you need me to look at anything or check anything on mine let me know.

The only thing with the names on mine is that if you don't put C, or Ku, in the proper place then it always defaults to C in the LNB settings but once you change those to what it should be it works fine. I could try to take a picture of my list if you want.

Lone Gunman

Try connecting the X2 to your Internet either via Ethernet or Wifi and do a UPGRADE BY NETWORK upgrade. Make sure the X2 is connected to the Internet on the NETWORK SETTINGS. Wait until it finish. Here is a Database with all the sats showing the coordinates (Ej: G3C 95W). Do a UPGRADE BY USB / ARROW RIGHT FROM APPLICATION TO USER DATABASE/ Go DOWN to USB ROOT teh right and look for this file. Hit OK and then YES to update. Now, you will have the latest firmware with the database the way you one. I have sent this file to X2/Xsat so they can update the sat list this way for the next release.

Attachments

• X2 DB 30W TO 139W.zip
    64.1 KB · Views: 175
Carlos I've got the firmware released on Sept. 26th so I'll load that from my flash drive in the morning. I'll download that file you posted also and see if it's something I can use.

Thanks

Ok, good news bad news. Good news is the USB firmware upgrade to the Sept. 26th version went well and I installed the new satellite list that's posted here after that upgrade. Bad news is it's doing the same crap it did with the other firmware?? I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with this receiver!!

I just sent a PM to Vip3r over on legit telling him what's happening. I see also that no one has answered my post over there either?? Needless to say, my patience is starting to wear a little thin. :rant:

On another note, is anyone on here using one of these to move their dish using the Diseq1.2 function, a Vbox and a linear actuator??

OK this one is a deal breaker. I just did a factory reset on this X2 and tried to program sat locations for 72W, which is a C/Ku hybrid bird and I use the same position (P35) for both C and Ku in my other 4 receivers. This X2 WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO USE THAT P35 POSITION BUT ONCE AND GIVES ME "POSITION IS CONFLICT" POPUP??? :confused:

I tried making 72w position 2 then continuing on westward for the rest of the positions.
I like leaving position 1 open just in case I want to try for amazonas on 61w- no go.
The firmware made 72w position 1.
The 1st position you set must be pos 1,not some other number.
I had to match my openbox s10 settings to the x2 or the motor was all fouled up.

So are you saying that once position 1 is set then you can set any others? Do you have to go in order when you do that, ie, P1, P2, P3 etc or can you do that in random order?

The deal breaker for me though is that I can't use P numbers twice for the C/Ku satellites. I tried on 72W C and 72W Ku and got the error.

I've got two systems that mirror each other and 4 receivers programmed so I can move them between systems. I'm not about to redo all that for this one. If they can't fix that, then I'm going to see about sending it back.

Hey Lone, how about changing the orbital location in the X2's list, for one of them (the c or ku side of 72) to something like 72.1 ? Since I don't really know how the receiver works with a vbox, it was the only thing I could come up with.. Doesn't the dish move according to the position stored in the vbox, rather than whats in the receiver?
Hope you figure out a workaround.

Last edited:
I can confirm you can not use the same position twice. Tried that myself and had to set individual positions for C and KU.

I can confirm you can not use the same position twice. Tried that myself and had to set individual positions for C and KU.

Same here, I have separate list numbered positions for C and Ku. I have never tried using the same list number position twice, I would think that would have to give a conflict? I have used the same exact orbital position more than once. What's the sense of having them numbered at all if you could re-use the same list numbers, how would the receiver determine one from the other? I may be missing something or misunderstanding, but it seems to me that you shouldn't be able to use the same list number more than once and that there wouldn't be any reason to, unless you were programming in more sats. than the V Box can handle, like on mine it can only control 99 sats.

RE_READ through your post and see that you have the other four receivers programmed a certain way and would have to redo them just to use this X-2, I see your problem now.

Last edited:
actually the old openbox s10 lets you use duplicate positions.
I can set up a 2 sats for say position 10,one sat that has been scanned already and the next sat that I am scanning for the 1st time.I tweak the motor on sat #2 until the quality peters out then save the position, and blindscan.That is the easiest way to work your way down the sat list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)