X2 and DIseq1.2 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you read some of the early posts I made you'd see that I've tried 5 different ones starting with April 9th. This X2 was shipped with Sept. 17 in it.

A Raine the Diseq1.2 settings are down the Antenna setup menu second up from the bottom were it says "motor". If you arrow right on that one then click on it it will bring up the Diseq1.2 menu where you set the position number for each satellite. I need 62 position settings for my system and from what I remember, the earlier versions of Diseq don't allow that many so I can't use that.

they started playing around with diseqc settings in the firmware before that,adding 64 positions as an example.
I think it was the march firmware,the one where the previous version of ez manager wouldn't work and you had to rescan all the sats because the database was different.

.....From what I've seen, in the "Antenna Settings" menu you can change satellites via the right and left arrow keys? On the S9 and AZBox when I do this it moves the dish but the X2 doesn't??.....
Just as A Raine stated, my X2 does also move the dish when you use those right and left arrows.
Really also think you may have a bad one. Bummer:(
RT

Guy over on Legitfta posted a sequence to program those satellite positions in and that's exactly how I do it except for the part where he disconnects his dish positioner while he programs the locations into the receiver, which he says is optional BTW. I've left the Vbox X connected while I was programming the receiver and moved the dish to each location with the Vbox remote as I did that because the receiver wouldn't let me move the dish. I've also done a blind scan at each location as I moved down the list.

That guy over there also posted what he calls a "work around" for the hybrid satellite problem, ie, C and Ku on the same satellite location. He says to put different P numbers in the Vbox for the same numerical location of that satellite, ie, 72 west C at say P16 and 72 west Ku at P17?? Problem with that is that between 34W and 139W there's 31 hybrid satellites. If you use two P numbers for each of those locations, then that means that 31 satellites have used 62 of the X2's 64 positions allowed?? Yup, can't go higher than 64 P numbers with the X2?? So what about the other 40 or so satellites in the part of that arc that I use? The most logical fix for that is for XSquare to modify the firmware to allow P numbers to be used for multiple satellite locations. That and it may be a good idea to allow more than 64 of those positions as one of the channel lists I made up early on had 82 sat locations in it. Both the Vbox X and the Vbox 7 that I have allow for 99 stored satellite positions.

I tried to post this on Legitfta's forum in response to his suggestions last night but after only 2 posts over there they now have me on a "short leash", ie, seems I can't post anything over there now without "moderator" approval?? They're almost as bad as Rick Caylor as I never got past 1 post on his board before I was cut off! I guess that's what happens when you try to use a forum as a base of operation for your business. Problems posted by unhappy customers don't help sales! Thanks goodness for SatGuys forum!!!

Guy over on Legitfta posted a sequence to program those satellite positions in and that's exactly how I do it except for the part where he disconnects his dish positioner while he programs the locations into the receiver, which he says is optional BTW. I've left the Vbox X connected while I was programming the receiver and moved the dish to each location with the Vbox remote as I did that because the receiver wouldn't let me move the dish. I've also done a blind scan at each location as I moved down the list.

That guy over there also posted what he calls a "work around" for the hybrid satellite problem, ie, C and Ku on the same satellite location. He says to put different P numbers in the Vbox for the same numerical location of that satellite, ie, 72 west C at say P16 and 72 west Ku at P17?? Problem with that is that between 34W and 139W there's 31 hybrid satellites. If you use two P numbers for each of those locations, then that means that 31 satellites have used 62 of the X2's 64 positions allowed?? Yup, can't go higher than 64 P numbers with the X2?? So what about the other 40 or so satellites in the part of that arc that I use? The most logical fix for that is for XSquare to modify the firmware to allow P numbers to be used for multiple satellite locations. That and it may be a good idea to allow more than 64 of those positions as one of the channel lists I made up early on had 82 sat locations in it. Both the Vbox X and the Vbox 7 that I have allow for 99 stored satellite positions.

I tried to post this on Legitfta's forum in response to his suggestions last night but after only 2 posts over there they now have me on a "short leash", ie, seems I can't post anything over there now without "moderator" approval?? They're almost as bad as Rick Caylor as I never got past 1 post on his board before I was cut off! I guess that's what happens when you try to use a forum as a base of operation for your business. Problems posted by unhappy customers don't help sales! Thanks goodness for SatGuys forum!!!

Lone Gunman
Good Morning!!
?Right this thread shows probably why they did that. If you have decided that your box is defective lets stop right there the back and forward. There are several people taking the time to help you out and sometimes people get disappointing seeing the back and forward. Nothing help in the relationship keep adding non sense discussions. Comparing forums within each wont also help. I will be around and will help with everything that I can. If you got you box directly from Xsat go ahead and ask for a replacement.

WOW, I got an Email this AM from someone over on Legitfta.com forum that calls himself "Costa" and talk about over the top?? Wish I had of known about this guy before I ever joined there, which BTW I only did to purchase this X2 receiver. Here's a copy and paste of that Email I got. Nice guy huh!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Lone Gunman,

You have received a new private message at LegitFTA from Costactc, entitled "WTF".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.legitfta.com/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dude go back to your Satguy site and stay, you are not welcome here. Members went out of their way to help you and you sh*t on them. If I see your sad ass here again you will get a permanent vacation.

Costa

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
LegitFTA

Can you take this posting as trying to explain and be objective, and not misunderstand if I possibly phrase something in a way that might not sound quite right? This is not a blanket defense of them or the X2, but how I see it as an innocent bystander.

Ok, here we go:

What they object to most over there from anybody is going in with the first couple posts of what appears to be constant negativity and bashing statements as a whole about what they have "adopted" as their premiere product. The X2 has some issues and limitations (like all receivers), and works a bit differently than maybe you are used to. For instance, it's always going to have a 64 satellite limitation for motoring, even Brian said the HDVR1200 has that in a posting here somewhere. There is a bit of a tech/(mis)understanding barrier between the Chinese people that develop the firmware, and the way U.S. FTA works. They don't have access to our satellites and are making some changes blindly, and as always, some changes cascade through the system and cause problems that might not be caught before release.

Also, over there it's like us here at SatGuys with everybody having different levels of tech understanding and maybe more of them over there don't have as much experience with all sorts of FTA equipment and combinations/different setups of use as some of us here. However, they were trying to help as best they could, but feedback coming back from you was constantly negative and was along the lines of "this receiver is just garbage, and why would anybody want one". Maybe you didn't even see it as being that way. I haven't had any of the issues you've seen with my X2, and neither have most others. Don't forget forums are skewed towards ONLY bad experiences being posted, and NO good experiences getting posted. That makes it look like everybody is having problems with the X2, when that's just not true

It's true your receiver MAY be defective, and I myself would probably have thrown it across the room by now if I was dealing with what you say you are dealing with and seemingly getting nowhere. BUT, just because your receiver may be defective that doesn't mean all of them are defective, and that's how you are coming across in your postings, as complaining and bashing, and very negative, and not really listening and trying things they suggested to help you. You aren't the first to get banned over there for seemingly being that way.

You've spent too much time on this issue already, and IMO you should just send the receiver back for a refund, and chalk it up to experience. Why keep messing with trying to make something work that's probably just defective in this case, and take all that stress upon yourself? Let it go, life's too short.

Reactions: rrob311
Well, I didn't intend it to be taken as "bashing" as you put it and in my defense, the poster over there that had the same problem I was having finally answered that he was still having problems 5 days later and no one had replied to his post, which sounded like an ongoing problem with the receiver to me?? And yes, about that time I was to a point of banging my head against a wall! If I had meant to "bash" the receiver, I would have called it a piece of s**t in my first post and would be demanding my money back, which I haven't done to date!

And for the record I did state in one my posts here that I liked the speed of the blind scan. There's several other things about it that I like but those have been overshadowed by this motor control problem.

If you read over my comments the only unresolved complaints I have are with the Diseq1.2 function not working and not being allowed to use P numbers twice for one satellite. I clearly said several times that the P number problem is just a firmware issue that can be fixed very easily, if, they will. The Diseq1.2 problem I am having is much more than just a firmware issue though.

Later today I received an Email from Vip3r stating that he had asked X2 to send me another receiver so I guess this one will get sent back and someone else can test it and see what's wrong with it.

That Email I got from "Costa" was way out of line! Were I a younger man I'd probably be looking for his name and address! I'd really expect a forum Admin to be a little more tactful than that. Those kind of personal attacks do nothing to help my attitude toward Legitfta and it's management. In fact, I've requested that my account there be terminated and all my posts deleted. I don't want any part of that board or the people that run it!

And a final note, remember the problems I had a few months back with that NS741 LNBF I got that was found to be mislabelled? That problem was handled in a good way as the owner of WSI was in contact with me and made sure that the problem I had was taken care of. I tested the one he sent me and posted a positive review on it's performance.

So that X2 receiver is now back in the box waiting on the shipping tag to send it back. I'm done until the one they are sending gets here.

I guess everything have being said. Please :closed_2: this thread!! We will open a new one when you get your replacement, :eek:k:

I had similar experiences there. I left. I wont go back. Glad its not just me.

WOW, I got an Email this AM from someone over on Legitfta.com forum that calls himself "Costa" and talk about over the top?? Wish I had of known about this guy before I ever joined there, which BTW I only did to purchase this X2 receiver. Here's a copy and paste of that Email I got. Nice guy huh!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Lone Gunman,

You have received a new private message at LegitFTA from Costactc, entitled "WTF".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

This is the message that was sent:
Dude go back to your Satguy site and stay, you are not welcome here. Members went out of their way to help you and you sh*t on them. If I see your sad ass here again you will get a permanent vacation.

Costa

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
LegitFTA

I had similar experiences there. I left. I wont go back. Glad its not just me.

Really, you still can't get over it? You got banned for cause because you were antagonistic and never wasted a chance to trash the X2 every chance you got. You even hijacked threads to do so and you were given far more chances than warranted. You were told to stop every time, and you kept it up anyway.

Lone Gunman never even came close to what you were up to. In fact, you pissed them off so much, that it's probably why they have such a short fuse with others now.

Guess this thread isn't closed.

Too bad you can't look at LegitFta's forum posts unless you're a member. Not being a member of their site and thus unable to read posts over there, it's impossible for me to form any real opinion on this, other than that the email Lone Gunman received probably could've been a bit more.... well, worded better. I definitely gotta agree with him on that. Costa could've probably just said 'You're no longer welcome here and no longer a member,' and be done with it.

I remember that I'd found LegitFta before I'd found SatGuy's site but you couldn't read nothing over there and get any idea of their site, which really didn't appeal to me at all. I very much liked the way on SatGuys you could read posts without being a member and actually SEE how the people were and how they interacted with each other, that is what made me become a member here.

Don't really know what to think on all of this.

It's just that people are human, everybody is different and they have good and bad days, and forum posts/emails/texts don't always convey the TRUE attitude and intentions of the posters. Attitude tends to come through whether it's the one you intended to convey or not.

It's just that people are human, everybody is different and they have good and bad days, and forum posts/emails/texts don't always convey the TRUE attitude and intentions of the posters. Attitude tends to come through whether it's the one you intended to convey or not.

True! Think you nailed it with that.

I guess my X2 was worth its cost, none of them are perfect, no matter how much you pay for 'em. I just wish some company had invented one that scans this fast 3 years ago.
Sure would've saved us all a lot of time searching for stuff!

Only paid fifty bucks for mine on Amazon quite some time ago. They've gone up to about eighty on there now though. Was worth the fifty bucks for sure. Eighty is starting to get up there though, it's been steadily creeping up and up in price.

Huh, just went to Amazon to check the price and I didn't even see it on there at all. Looks like X2Sat is selling something called the Alphabox X5 Pro, maybe that's replacing the X2?

Found it on there, it says it's currently unavailable.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)