Program Guide issues since 10/1

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Anyone else having programming guide problems? I notice the UHD listings are incomplete with "movie" and "to be announced" everywhere.

Also TMC-W and TMCX-W (ch 378 & 380) both have the exact same program listings.

Also, I've noticed on the local channels they no longer list specific episode information.

If they don't fix this, my DVR is useless on those channels. I'm undecided at the moment if the better picture quality is worth putting up with this horrible guide? :mad:

jgantert said:
Also TMC-W and TMCX-W (ch 378 & 380) both have the exact same program listings.

Also, I've noticed on the local channels they no longer list specific episode information.

I have the standard SD receiver.

I haven't noticed any missing episode info, at least not on the local channels. Occasionally I see it on other channels, but no more now than last month.

I just looked now and do see the same 378/380 duplication.

BTW, does the DVR normally show original air dates for episodes? The standard receiver doesn't and it is one of the little things I miss from DirecTV. Only movies and some specials have a year.

Yep, same problem. I wonder if it's a Universal HD problem over the FIOS guide- you know, have they just not given FIOS the info?

Glad it's not just me! I really hope they fix this program guide soon! I record a lot off of UHD, and the DVR is useless right now on this channel.

-John

The funny thing is that it's only with the movies on UHD. Everything else shows up; that's why I just wonder if it's Universal's problem.

So much for my theory that maybe it was on the UHD end. I hopped over to TitanTV and they have the listings for what movie is on. I guess we need to remember that it IS Verizon where half the time the right hand is clueless to what the left hand is doing... but that's a whole other thread :)

When I called, they just sent a signal to reboot my boxes so they would load the latest guide data. Obviously, it didn't make a difference, except that I lost my favorites and channel lists.

-John

jgantert said:
When I called, they just sent a signal to reboot my boxes so they would load the latest guide data. Obviously, it didn't make a difference, except that I lost my favorites and channel lists.

-John

That would be frustrating! :mad: Have to set it all up all over again. If so many of us are having the same problem, I think it would be obvious that the issue is on their side, not ours.

Yeah, what's going on? The movies on Universal worked for a while, but now back to no info. Stupid.

Yeah, I've been noticing the same thing with Universal HD and movie info. Could be on Universal's side, but who knows.

Also, within the past few days my box has been automatically resetting about 2 times a day. The random resets are annoying, esp. when you have a program recording during that time.

Hopefully they get these issues sorted out soon.

Looks like UHD's listings got fixed today. So, for the first week of each month I think we can expect screwed up UHD listings.

-John

I thought that this time last month. Now I feel differently. :)

Yeah, when we first saw this and they fixed it, I thought we were done with it too... it'd be nice to know what the deal is and if we should expect this every month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)