Please reply by conversation.

cobra55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2005
ky
will dtv ever update the program guide so it's readable? i come from dishetwork
and there guides are bigger,easier to read and pip, dtv just thinks small
i will be going back to dish when contract w/dtv is over or i may just brake the contract.

cobra55 said:
will dtv ever update the program guide so it's readable? i come from dishetwork
and there guides are bigger,easier to read and pip, dtv just thinks small
i will be going back to dish when contract w/dtv is over or i may just brake the contract.

I agree the print is way to small. I thought maybe it could be enlarged by the user but I couldn't find any way to do that. I just got 2 new D10's (free) and they have the small print guide and a new H10 (discounted) that has a great guide size and all. Of course the H10 is on a larger set than the D10's. I won't consider leaving Direct because of this but sure would appreciate a large print guide on the D10's.
ArtWIS

guide

ArtWIS said:
I agree the print is way to small. I thought maybe it could be enlarged by the user but I couldn't find any way to do that. I just got 2 new D10's (free) and they have the small print guide and a new H10 (discounted) that has a great guide size and all. Of course the H10 is on a larger set than the D10's. I won't consider leaving Direct because of this but sure would appreciate a large print guide on the D10's.
ArtWIS

it will never happen, this is a quote from dtv, tivo is the same bad guide
also the H10 will not get ANY updates or interactive stuff,like weather
all of the dish equipment has local weather including their dvr,and a larger
guide,like i said dtv is a small thinking company,and i'm not sure i'll make though the contract.

cobra55 said:
it will never happen, this is a quote from dtv, tivo is the same bad guide
also the H10 will not get ANY updates or interactive stuff,like weather
all of the dish equipment has local weather including their dvr,and a larger
guide,like i said dtv is a small thinking company,and i'm not sure i'll make though the contract.

Well with 2 new satellites up and 1 more preparing for launch making three this year and a net increase of 505,000 new customers the first quarter of this year I wouldn't call them a small thinking company. I like the guide on the H10 and when they make the switch to MPEG4 the box that replaces the H10 will most likely have the interactive features for what their worth. All I know is I've been with D* for 5 years and the origninal wiring, Hughes stb and small dish was free and my recent upgrade to 2 D10's , 1 H10, new 3 lnb dish and completely new wiring was only $200. Both installs I was given some free programming. I could have easily switched to E* when I recently got my first hdtv but didn't because D* seems to be headed to be not just the leading satellite sytem in customers now but seems poised to take over a much larger portion of satellite customers. I don't have any financial interest in either company and therefore don't really care what others use but just hope everyone is happy with what they choose.

I dont understand how people can be happy with E*s dvrs or any receiver more than basic.

Anyway... Have you tried the other tivo guide... i mean i watch a tivo on a 19 inch screen and its clearly readable without my glasses from 9 or so feet away.

Also keep in mind the new HMC is slated to do the pip in the guide... and honestly how long do youall spend in the guide? with tivo i probably net 3 minutes a week.

guide

ShadowEKU said:
I dont understand how people can be happy with E*s dvrs or any receiver more than basic.

Anyway... Have you tried the other tivo guide... i mean i watch a tivo on a 19 inch screen and its clearly readable without my glasses from 9 or so feet away.

Also keep in mind the new HMC is slated to do the pip in the guide... and honestly how long do youall spend in the guide? with tivo i probably net 3 minutes a week.

E's guide has bigger fonts, pip, and local weather.
i have tried both tivo guides both have 1/4 " fonts, i have a 36'' screen sit aprox.10' away and still have trouble reading such a small guide, dtv told me that they where awhere of the problem and have had a lot of clomplaints
now i'm not the only one complaining about that guide, i have the tivo, and the d-10 both have small fonts, but i have a hugh's with a great guide, both
in the garage because dtv won't let me out of tivo,and let me hook up the hugh's again, and i can't afford 2 active recievers.

cobra55 said:
i have tried both tivo guides both have 1/4 " fonts, i have a 36'' screen sit aprox.10' away and still have trouble reading such a small guide, dtv told me that they where awhere of the problem and have had a lot of clomplaints
now i'm not the only one complaining about that guide,

sounds like a lot of blind people.

cobra55 said:
now i'm not the only one complaining about that guide, i have the tivo, and the d-10 both have small fonts, but i have a hugh's with a great guide, both
in the garage because dtv won't let me out of tivo,and let me hook up the hugh's again, and i can't afford 2 active recievers.

I had dish and i know where you are coming from.... I do have to say the weather fo rmy area sucked and was never anywhere near accurate... local channels were better for that.

That said i understand it is semi small but I find it readable with my horrid vision on my 27" from 10 feet away, and my 19 inch from about 10 feet away.... of course in my living room im looking at 52" so it doesnt matter. and yes the D10 has no excuse its guide sucks

I don't have too much trouble reading my Directivo guide from 19' away, though I do have a 57" tv. It would be nice if the font was a little larger though not near as big as stupid E* Fisher Price font. Between the two though the Tivo interface is so much better than E*'s I don't even care about the small font.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts