Program Record Time Off

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Out of nowhere my 622 is out of sync. All my shows are getting cut off a minute early. I think the clock may be 30-1 min off. because it is record the proper length Is anyone having this issue? Anyone have recommendations to correct?

I have this happen particularly on Network shows. I just pad the timers a bit (start and end times). If it happens that I have consecutive shows on my OTA tuner (if the shows are not on the same network) I back-it up by recording on a dish SD local (so I can be sure to catch the very beginning or very end of a show).

I have this happen particularly on Network shows. I just pad the timers a bit (start and end times). If it happens that I have consecutive shows on my OTA tuner (if the shows are not on the same network) I back-it up by recording on a dish SD local (so I can be sure to catch the very beginning or very end of a show).

I never had to do this until recently. Sure this would happen in a rare occurance. But this now seem to happen frequently. I would prefer not to begin padding because that will begin to conflict with other timers.

I had this happen in the past every once in a while, but now it seems worse, more shows are getting cut off. E* used to do a good job of updating the guide to reflect these changes, not so much anymore?

I wonder.. This began happening to me right around the time of the last software update. I think there may be a glitch with the clock and timing. I wonder if this latest update will correct?

I wonder.. This began happening to me right around the time of the last software update. I think there may be a glitch with the clock and timing. I wonder if this latest update will correct?

I hope you're right! It seems I spend as much time changing auto timers (because of the aforementioned conflicts) as I would just creating manual timers on a daily basis.

It's happened to me since Day One (March), especially on USA on Sunday night. It's the networks sliding shows a minute or two late. And you've probably been noticing it lately because of the start of the new seasons when they started doing it again.

I don't think the problem is the network. I've got Tivo over cable, and it is right on. There are a few shows that run until :02 of the next hour or so, but not many. If it happens regularly, I would think it is an equipment bug.

MOstly happens on ABC shows. I started recording say Desperate Housewives and added 60 minute end late to my timer and pick up Brothers and Sisters. Neither recording is cut off then. I get one recording /timer for both show. I did this on a lot of shows I don't want to miss the last few minutes of - Especially on Grey's Anatomy endings.

I get it on ABC and CBS shows when I have a following timer on NBC which starts correctly at the beginning for it. I routinely miss 1-2 minutes of the end of the earlier timers.

But I did spot a situation where the DISH time was exactly one minute behind my atomic clocks. Later on, it had corrected itself.

Mike

It's the networks. They are purposely running shows long this season. I started recording 2 back to back 60min shows with a single 2 hour timer to get the overlap. Example "Heroes & Journeyman"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)