Program to play dish ehd backup on computer?

It can only be played back on the dish equipment it was tied to.

Wanted to throw a clarification here, because I used to think the same thing. I recently had a 622 fail (hdmi port) and happened to have a backup 622 that I owned. I was able use an EHD to store my content from rece1ver 1 and restore it or play it from receiver 2. Still had to manually program all my events though.

CSR said receivers of the same model # can play the content from an EHD.

Can you PM me this information? I'd like to attempt it some time at least with content that was never encrypted on cable. I used to transfer from my cable box over firewire all the time. Now I have Dish and EVERYTHING is encrypted.

Any way this info could be CCed to me also? Veeeery interested. :angel:

Wanted to throw a clarification here, because I used to think the same thing. I recently had a 622 fail (hdmi port) and happened to have a backup 622 that I owned. I was able use an EHD to store my content from rece1ver 1 and restore it or play it from receiver 2. Still had to manually program all my events though.

CSR said receivers of the same model # can play the content from an EHD.

You can play back the EHD content on any appropriate ViP DVR on the account. They do not have to be the same model number. For example, I moved from a ViP622 to ViP722. I current share EHDs between two ViP722 HD DVRs. If I had a ViP722K on my account I could see the content there, too.

But you cannot take your EHD over to someone else's house and play it on their receiver, even if it is the same model number. Different account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)