Programming a remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
Does anyone know if you can delete channels from the guide that you don't get or want. I want to delete all of the info channels, adult channels and channels I don't subscribe to. I know I can make a favorite's list but I wanted to make it real simple for my mother when she uses the remote, the simplier the better.

Does anyone know if you can delete channels from the guide that you don't get or want. I want to delete all of the info channels, adult channels and channels I don't subscribe to. I know I can make a favorite's list but I wanted to make it real simple for my mother when she uses the remote, the simplier the better.

The channels I get option hasn't ever worked as far as I know, so a favorites list is the easiest way to go. Once it's set up, it will act like the default list, so no problems for your Mom!

Sounds like they fixed it then. It was a known issue for quite a while.

"The channels I get" list doesn't seem to work for me. I check the channels I don't want but it still shows up in the guide but it does block out the channel if you try to watch it. Also I thought you could block all adult channels with one click but I don't see that option any more, I saw it when the receiver was first installed but it doesn't show up any more. If I make a favorites list will that automatically show up when I go to guide or do I have to select that list? Thanks for everyone's help.

Go in and make a "Custom" list with your Mothers channels in it,label it Mom.

When your using the remote, go back to All if you want that selection, or make up one with YOUR channels as well.

As for removing channels, you place a check mark next to the ones you WANT in the guide, not the other way around.

What recvr are you using ... as many have mentioned, the "Channels I Get " never worked until the new H/HR24's came about.
That said, you'll still want to remove channels if you go that route, seeing the commercial channels and whatever else, you technically DO receive, so it would still show them.

As for getting rid of channels so they don't show regardless, you would have to go into the Channel Block section and set a password ... remember your password.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts