How Difficult/Risky is it to move addresses - Can't take these locals anymore

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
I'm in the Champlain NY (Platsburgh locals) area.

It highly annoys me that I don't have CW, and it sickens me that it is such a nightmare to manage my PVR recording schedule having only local networks without West Coast feeds. I'm sacrificing good TV watching here.

Did I mention my local broadcasters thinks it is OK to interrupt my fine HD viewing experience and spam me with advertising while I'm watching a show, they actually shrink the size of what I'm watching (taking it out of HD) and placing advertising of the local channel all around the viewing content.

Please tell me how to safely change my address to NY,NY and please confirm if I will still be able to get all the channels I've been getting at the same signal strength.

As well I have online billing only, but they still mail out crap every once in a while through snail mail, can I have it so I continue to receive my snail mail at the address they are sending it to now, while my new physical address will be in NY,NY?

Lastly, in the event I ever need to upgrade, replace, or repair one of my receivers, how will I manage this given my new address in NY,NY while I am still physically located in Champlain,NY?

I appreciate any help you can give me, feel free to respond here or in PM.

folks move all the time...do a search. Lots of threads on it

You do know only the Big 4 NY channels are on CONUS...the rest are on a spotbeam so you may not get all the locals

as for the mail, that stays your billing address
If you have service issues, ya gotta move back to your legit location then "move" when done

folks move all the time...do a search. Lots of threads on it

You do know only the Big 4 NY channels are on CONUS...the rest are on a spotbeam so you may not get all the locals

ehhh not true WPIX and WWOR are availble in the Superstation package.. the rest of the locals are on spotbeams (If u get NY locals those 2 channels become available in the superstation range)

DirecTV doesn't have the Superstation Packge. :)
The OP might be eligible for the CW DNS station (SD).
Check the DirecTV website for info.

If he moves to NYC address, he'll only get the four major networks. He'll be out of range for the CW spot beam.

ehhh not true WPIX and WWOR are availble in the Superstation package.. t

BUZZ WRONG ANSWER

Directv doesnt have the Supers

call sign/channel/TP/sat/spotbeam or conus
WWOR 9 16 D11 @99W 99S
WPIX 11 16 D11 @99W 99S

Where can I "Move" from Champlain,NY that would be able to pick up all of the National networks along with CW, I don't want to give up anything.

Any misrepresentation of your account can result in stiff fines and disconnection of your service. What you are trying to accomplish is no longer easy to do either, Directv is well aware of those who try to do this. Furthermore there are ways to locate a receiver without internet or telephone line connected. This thread should be closed as it is about deceiving Directv and is fraud.

Any misrepresentation of your account can result in stiff fines and disconnection of your service. What you are trying to accomplish is no longer easy to do either, Directv is well aware of those who try to do this. Furthermore there are ways to locate a receiver without internet or telephone line connected. This thread should be closed as it is about deceiving Directv and is fraud.

It is grey area, and you are paying for the service that you are getting.
It is still very easy to do and many people do it.
I have no doubt that Directv knows this happens, but I have little doubt that they care.

What a first post.:facepalm

Any misrepresentation of your account can result in stiff fines and disconnection of your service.

Yea, give us an example of one of these supposed "stiff fines"...

What you are trying to accomplish is no longer easy to do either, Directv is well aware of those who try to do this.

OK, so what ARE they doing to stop it???

Furthermore there are ways to locate a receiver without internet or telephone line connected.

Facinating - you really ARE making it up as you go along...

This thread should be closed as it is about deceiving Directv and is fraud.

And luckily you DON'T run this place, so I doubt anyone will give any mind to your request.
You really should take your post & go over to the other site - they'll eat it right up :rolleyes:

What a first post.:facepalm
No kidding there!

troll1.jpg

really? Gee I guess I've been lucky as I was a mover with Dish for 6 years and now a mover with Directv twice in 8 months and have my internet connected to it (well not right now as my router blew up so I have just the computer hooked to it)...oh and if you didnt look before you "post and ran" I am a mod so staff is the one who decides what thread to close...not some "one post wonder" :rolleyes:

By the way I got DirecTV installed Sunday afternoon in Springfield, MO and Monday I "moved" to Kansas City with no questions asked.

Call me dumb...There I just Did, I live in southeastern michigan, locals are Detroit If I wanted to "move" to Grand Rapids, MI that area is very nice :) is that possible, is there a map to see what options I have, just wondering

as for the mail, that stays your billing address
If you have service issues, ya gotta move back to your legit location then "move" when done

OK thanks, I really appreciate the info and can't tell you how much I will appreciate having both an EAST and West Coast feed again to manage scheduling conflicts.

So I guess I can just "move" online, does anyone call to verify and normally how long does it take to kick in?

Is there any way to know for sure if all the Network locals will reach me before moving, I'm currently receiving the Platsburgh\Vermont Locals and I just want to move anywhere that will bring in all the Networks (east and west) in glorious HD.

Thanks again to everyone for the helpful information

Last edited:
Call me dumb...There I just Did, I live in southeastern michigan, locals are Detroit If I wanted to "move" to Grand Rapids, MI that area is very nice :) is that possible, is there a map to see what options I have, just wondering

HD locals for Grand Rapids are on 99W TP20 spotbeam...SD is on 119 TP25
You would get CW from Washington DC......also noticed that one station WXSP (the X...My TV) is only on 119 in SD...no HD counterpart

station/channel #/transponder/satellite
WWMT 3 20 D11 @99W 99S
WWMT 3 25 D7S @119W 119
WOOD 8 20 D11 @99W 99S
WOOD 8 25 D7S @119W 119
WZZM 13 20 D11 @99W 99S
WZZM 13 25 D7S @119W 119
CW 14 21 D8 @101W 101
WXSP 15 25 D7S @119W 119
WXMI 17 20 D11 @99W 99S
WXMI 17 25 D7S @119W 119
WGVU 35 20 D11 @99W 99S
WGVU 35 25 D7S @119W 119

By the way I got DirecTV installed Sunday afternoon in Springfield, MO and Monday I "moved" to Kansas City with no questions asked.

I'm getting an install done on Saturday and want to call in ASAP to "move" so Sunday/Monday I call in and tell them I need to change my service address? is that the best way to do it?
thanks in advance.

DirecTV doesn't have the Superstation Packge. :)
The OP might be eligible for the CW DNS station (SD).
Check the DirecTV website for info.

If he moves to NYC address, he'll only get the four major networks. He'll be out of range for the CW spot beam.
Yes you might be eligible for CW A La Carte, since you don't have a CW in your DMA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)