How Difficult/Risky is it to move addresses - Can't take these locals anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Quad Cities are on 103W spotbeam TP6 so just check signal on that before thinking of moving
I see three different 103's: a 103(s) which shows nothing except a 95 in TP2 and 88 and TP4, a 103(ca) which shows "n/a" for the first 8 TPs, and a 103(cb) which shows a 92 in TP6. Is the last one, 103(cb), the one I am supposed to be looking at??

103(s) is the spot. ca & cb are the two conus sats. Looks like you're not in the spot for those locals.

The Quad cities are pretty far away from Chicago as far as a spot would be. I only have a SD receiver so I can't check the HD channels on ka even if I hook up the SL3 LNB I have to my slimline that is out there collecting dust. I also run a 90 CM dish on 101, that in itself gives me higher readings on a spot not prime focused in my area too. Rock Island/ Moline etc is like 200+ miles I think from Chicago and thats stretching it for a spot beam especially on ka where its harder to get in the first place than ku. Best to pick a closer market. On 101 I get 100 on Chicago's spot and 95 for Milwaukee. I wonder what your 88 is? your 92 is Chicago probably.

Last edited:
I live in Parkersburg, WV (26101) and get E/W feeds in HD on the 3 of the 4 major networks (I actually have all 4.......local NBC station finally didn't respond to waiver request). I'm not sure about CW and PBS because I don't subscribe to them.

Are there any US cities that include CBC (or any other Canadian stations) as a local station? I'd love to "move" there if possible.

nope. Directv & Dish are not allowed to carry CBC at all. Only way would be is if you move (legit move) to a border city or area that has it on cable ;)

I would have CBC on my cable system, but do not get it with D*. I would like to have it , but do not think it is possible.

I live in Parkersburg, WV (26101) and get E/W feeds in HD on the 3 of the 4 major networks (I actually have all 4.......local NBC station finally didn't respond to waiver request). I'm not sure about CW and PBS because I don't subscribe to them.

Do you remember the Dil's department stores in Parkersburg? My brother-in-law worked at the downtown store, then managed the one in the mall.

Well, i did the "move", but how long before i see the new locals? it has been and hour and nothing, i did reboot several times, but still get the same locals. Any suggestions

apocalypto said:
Well, i did the "move", but how long before i see the new locals? it has been and hour and nothing, i did reboot several times, but still get the same locals. Any suggestions

Go online and do a refresh.

Did they come up?
If not, you need to check your signals. Depending on where you moved to and from, you may or may not be in the spotbeam.

I have a question about moving and Significantly Viewed/Nearby Local Stations. I "moved" to an area that gets Atlanta locals but also is supposed to get two Birmingham stations through SV. I "moved" by emailing DirecTV and now I have Atlanta locals, but I don't get the two Birmingham locals that their website said I should get according to the Zip Code I used. Do you specifically have to request SV channels be activated?

Scratch my advice, if you were not in the spotbeam and had in fact been moved you would get nothing. You would not still be getting your old ones.

Refresh your service, and if that does not work call them back and verify that your SERVICE address has been moved.

You don't have a custom favorites list do you? When I moved I couldn't figure out why the channels were not showing up in the guide....Then the light came on and I realized I was using a custom favorite channels list.

You don't have a custom favorites list do you? When I moved I couldn't figure out why the channels were not showing up in the guide....Then the light came on and I realized I was using a custom favorite channels list.

If he is still getting the same old locals then I would doubt it is a list problem. More than likely the move did not get completed, or they moved the billing address instead of the service address.

When you change your service address you box goes black. It says searching for guide data. It comes back up in a couple minutes and the new locals are there (if your getting signal from that transponder). You have to be in the spot beam for the market you choose or it's not going to work. I suggest moving no further than 150 miles tops.

yeah I had that same problem when I "moved" the first time ;)

yeah when I moved the 2nd time I hit guide and actually watched the old locals get dropped one by one from the guide.
A RBR took care of it :)

I moved via email and they updated it early this morning. When I woke up I had both my old and new locals in the guide. When I hit one of the old ones it'd give me a blackout message as if it were an NFL game and then it'd drop to the lowest available channel number (one of the new locals) and then disappear from the guide. Eventually they were all gone because I tried to tune them all. I was missing a couple of significantly viewed/neighboring locals so this afternoon at work I sent a reauth from the website and that seems to have cleared it all up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts