How Difficult/Risky is it to move addresses - Can't take these locals anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any misrepresentation of your account can result in stiff fines and disconnection of your service. What you are trying to accomplish is no longer easy to do either, Directv is well aware of those who try to do this. Furthermore there are ways to locate a receiver without internet or telephone line connected. This thread should be closed as it is about deceiving Directv and is fraud.

What planet are you living on?
No stiff fines, very easy to do, can't locate receiver without telephone or internet. This thread should not be closed.
The only correct thing you said is that Directv is well aware of this. But you forgot to mention that they really don't care.

Back to the original question. I moved from FL to NY. My H21 receivers break every few months. I have had them replaced 5 times already. The address that I use is a friends house in NY. I have directv send my friend the replacement receiver, and then they forward it to me. Takes an extra few days, but that's the price to pay for watching your favorite team and not the teams that the leagues want you to watch because of where you sleep at night.

Hey guys, OP here, still hoping someone can help me with the reason I started this thread.

Where do I have to "move" from Platsburgh/Burlington in order to watch all the Networks (ABC,FOX,CBS,NBC,CW,PBS) in HD East/West from my current location.

I can't be bothered with OTA add ons, I just want straight up satellite feeds.

Where do I have to "move" from Platsburgh/Burlington in order to watch all the Networks (ABC,FOX,CBS,NBC,CW,PBS) in HD East/West from my current location. I can't be bothered with OTA add ons, I just want straight up satellite feeds.

RV Exemption...but there are some hoops to jump through. I think you need to send in the registration of the RV (maybe a pickup truck might work? ). And I believe you need a separate account just for this.

I'm getting an install done on Saturday and want to call in ASAP to "move" so Sunday/Monday I call in and tell them I need to change my service address? is that the best way to do it?
thanks in advance.

Yeah, I just said I need to update my service address. Didn't give a reason why or anything. She asked if I wanted to change the billing address too and I said nope. Then I sat there in awkward silence for about 5 minutes while she updated it and she said all done.

Yeah, I just said I need to update my service address. Didn't give a reason why or anything. She asked if I wanted to change the billing address too and I said nope. Then I sat there in awkward silence for about 5 minutes while she updated it and she said all done.

Thats pretty much the extent of it. Easy as can be and I have never had any questions asked.
Had to move home one time to have a service call and moved back about five minutes after the guy left. No questions.

Thats pretty much the extent of it. Easy as can be and I have never had any questions asked.
Had to move home one time to have a service call and moved back about five minutes after the guy left. No questions.
that's cool. Thanks for the replies guys.
Looking forward to calling in on Monday.

everlast said:
Any misrepresentation of your account can result in stiff fines and disconnection of your service. What you are trying to accomplish is no longer easy to do either, Directv is well aware of those who try to do this. Furthermore there are ways to locate a receiver without internet or telephone line connected. This thread should be closed as it is about deceiving Directv and is fraud.

This is the most idiotic post I have ever read. You can not be fined.

Is DirecTV adding GPS to their receivers now? :D

To the OP, you need to investigate which DMAs nearby have all of those networks in HD and then see if the spot beam for them overlaps your location.

I'm learning stuff here, someone mentioned anything on Concus would be available anywhere as it is not on a spot beam, if I were to give up on CW, is there a CONCUS that offers ABC.CBS,FOX,NBC in East and West HD or do you only get either East or West no matter what?

Is DirecTV adding GPS to their receivers now? :D

To the OP, you need to investigate which DMAs nearby have all of those networks in HD and then see if the spot beam for them overlaps your location.

How do I investigate this? I have no idea where to start and what resources to use. Appreciate any help you can give me.

I'm learning stuff here, someone mentioned anything on Concus would be available anywhere as it is not on a spot beam, if I were to give up on CW, is there a CONCUS that offers ABC.CBS,FOX,NBC in East and West HD or do you only get either East or West no matter what?

the only way you can get both E & W in HD is if you have a RV examption....As for HD you cannot get a feed that is earlier than your timezone so Central & East get the east feed and Mountain/Pacific get West

the only way you can get both E & W in HD is if you have a RV examption....As for HD you cannot get a feed that is earlier than your timezone so Central & East get the east feed and Mountain/Pacific get West

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't know why I had it in my head that you could have both East and West, pity.

Given that is cleared up, I don't have much to gain from moving if I'm already getting all the major networks in HD, the only one I'm missing is CW, and I don't know the closest move where that would be available to me.

I probably got used to see people having East/West back in the old days when people were programming cards, I think Bell Expressvu users also get East and West, it sure is a nice option to have.

I don't know how doable the RV exemption is, I don't own a RV and won't be able to provide proof of ownership.

I "moved" up north so that I could get Chicago locals and it was done in less than 5 minutes with no questions asked. The lady was very nice and I'm glad to have my Chicago locals back!!!

LOL, a client/friend of mine just moved back to Chicago over the weekend - he could NO longer take the $hitty football teams our locals pick all the time. :D
Plus now he gets the Bulls games that are on local WGN & WCIU overflow, & in HD!

LOL, a client/friend of mine just moved back to Chicago over the weekend - he could NO longer take the $hitty football teams our locals pick all the time. :D
Plus now he gets the Bulls games that are on local WGN & WCIU overflow, & in HD!
Yeah, I understand completely!! If I kept Indy locals I would get almost no bears, no WCIU or WGN so I would miss Bulls, Sox, and Hawks games...I couldn't wait to move, installed on Saturday and moved Monday lol

I "moved" up north so that I could get Chicago locals and it was done in less than 5 minutes with no questions asked. The lady was very nice and I'm glad to have my Chicago locals back!!!

I get all the Chicago locals OTA and they were duplicated on Direct. So I moved to Milwaukee Now I don't have to rely on tropo to watch Milwakee whenever I want. No questions asked, took my new address and that was it, on in less than 5 minutes. Still have a few boxes to unpack :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)