How Difficult/Risky is it to move addresses - Can't take these locals anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I hit one of the old ones it'd give me a blackout message as if it were an NFL game and then it'd drop to the lowest available channel number (one of the new locals) and then disappear from the guide.

Thats what happened with me too, I remember now.

If I move from Cincinnati to LA, will I get the LA locals and still be able to get Cincinnati locals on my AM-21?

mpinales said:
If I move from Cincinnati to LA, will I get the LA locals and still be able to get Cincinnati locals on my AM-21?

Yep. I'm moved to Indy and get my Terre Haute locals OTA on my HR-20s just fine. Be aware they you'll only get the big four nets out of LA on Cincinnati - the rest are on spots.

Looking for an address to "move" to

Do you think that using the address of a vacant lot is a good idea? You can find plenty of those online in real estate sights.

that works. The address can be semi legit. As long as the usps can plot it you're good to go

an example is the street I live on...the numbers go up to 1290 yet I plugged in 1292 for fun and it shows valid.

Yup. I picked a street in the town I was using and started plugging in numbers in Google Maps. Eventually I found the upper limit of street addresses (1200) and added an extra digit (12000) to the street address. No problem!

I found a house for sale and added 2 digits to the address, seems to be working so far :)

yeah I havent had any issues......well a couple days ago I did. One of my receivers took a dump and wont boot up. Even after asking them twice to ship to billing address they put physical address. Called last night and they canceled the 1st replacement (so that goes back to D*) and the 2nd replacement is coming to the billing address :)

Well If Direct ever gives me problems Ice I have the 4DTV to fall back on. According to Mike Kohl on last night's sattalk he said we will have some pleasant surprises come January. Maybe even adding more channels down the road. My first love is C band. If they can get something going to offer most of what I want to watch I will migrate fully back to it. One thing I always loved about c band was it could be a monsoon outside and my 4dtv would be giving me a 99 signal quality. No way Direct can ever do that, just 721 :( About a month ago I was watching a movie on C band in a good rain storm on the bud 99Q I went to that channel on Direct and got 721 :( Seem's the way the storms roll in by me when the radar shows red cells Direct and all Ku is gone. C band still Rocks :D

I "moved" to NY weeks ago and have a problem that only started a few days ago. While I have had and should have access to YES HD after my move...it is now grayed out as if I am not subscribed.

UPDATE: It turns out that they channel does work...just happens to be grayed out as if I don't get it.

You know when my parents go to florida to stay there for the winter months, I may have to move from michigan with them to the place they are renting for a few months, you know to get some sun myself :)

Any misrepresentation of your account can result in stiff fines and disconnection of your service. What you are trying to accomplish is no longer easy to do either, Directv is well aware of those who try to do this. Furthermore there are ways to locate a receiver without internet or telephone line connected. This thread should be closed as it is about deceiving Directv and is fraud.

You sound like you DONT belong in this chat room. If you want to play "legal" and all that crap please EXIT this forum and go to DBSTALK.COM. This forum is OPEN unlike the other particularly when it comes to these subjects.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)