Programming Question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
I've been with D* for six months. Lately I've been noticing that I'm getting channels that are not in my package. I went to the website and it says I have the choice package which that is correct. Just not sure why I'm getting channels in the higher packages.

I have all of the channels below 500, except those that are only in the Spanish base packages or En Espanol (like CATV or Telemundo). I have (and pay for) the Sports channels in the 400s. I have Cloo, Boomerang, El Ray, Esquire, etc that are usually in the top package. I do not have Encore.

I have Xtra, which does not include those.

I am receiving the following that I usually do not receive with XTRA package subscription:
215 NHL Network
235 Esquire
257 Chiller
295 Sprout
298 Boomerang
341 El Rey Network

If I recall the last time we had a free preview of XTRA package these were included and I believe these were actually the Choice Xtra Classic grandfathered channels that you receive if you still have that package. Unlike ejb1980, I am not receiving Cloo (ch. 308).

There was a freeview for xtra, I'm not sure when it ends.

Xtra free trial was to end today, but those channels are in ultimate now. unusual but likely related to the free preview and will be short lived.

NHL Network has been there for several weeks. I kept forgetting to ask here about it. I never thought to look at the others until I saw this post today. Who knows how long they've been there.

It's a Xtra package free preview that runs from May 25 till June 1, they do it every year.

Thanks,
Thats the info I was looking for, I knew I saw it here somewhere but couldn't find it again when I needed it.

These channels are not included in Extra, they are in Ultimate. The preview is for Xtra. I have Xtra normally - perhaps we are getting the next package up for fun? Also, I am no longer getting cloo in my freebies.

They must have given Ultimate to all subs because my mom called me over the weekend asking if there was some "special" going on as she had channels she normally didnt get (she has Choice) and one she mentioned was Esquire

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts