Programming/Recording/Playback Issue (R22-100)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jared Zilla

Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
SLC, UT
For the last 2 months or so, I have been having an issue with only one recording. It's never any other TV show, just WWE Raw. It doesn't matter which episode, just every week I get close to halfway thru the recording and it instantly shuts the DVR down. By shutdown I mean it black screens the DVR and makes the little blue circle spin constantly with no progress - it just keeps spinning til I hit the reset button, in which case it boots up and tests normally. It wasn't just that cycle - I can get it to repeat the shut down everytime.

I don't do anything differently with this recording, I do exactly the same as all other recordings... Fast Forward thru the commercials. Normal playback. It's really getting on my nerves and I'm just wondering if it's a software issue, a DVR issue or something wrong with the actual show?

I have run the hard drive test and it passed.
I have run the other tests in there anyway and they all passed as well.

It is the R22-100
I've had it for about 5 years now
It has software version 0x5d2

Thanks

Jared Zilla said:
For the last 2 months or so, I have been having an issue with only one recording. It's never any other TV show, just WWE Raw. It doesn't matter which episode, just every week I get close to halfway thru the recording and it instantly shuts the DVR down. By shutdown I mean it black screens the DVR and makes the little blue circle spin constantly with no progress - it just keeps spinning til I hit the reset button, in which case it boots up and tests normally. It wasn't just that cycle - I can get it to repeat the shut down everytime.

I don't do anything differently with this recording, I do exactly the same as all other recordings... Fast Forward thru the commercials. Normal playback. It's really getting on my nerves and I'm just wondering if it's a software issue, a DVR issue or something wrong with the actual show?

I have run the hard drive test and it passed.
I have run the other tests in there anyway and they all passed as well.

It is the R22-100
I've had it for about 5 years now
It has software version 0x5d2

Thanks

Odd. Can you fast forward all the way to the middle then it does it or do you have to play it the whole time? Also, when it does do it after the reset when you select raw does it say resume and start from where the glitch is or does it start over?

Well I can do it either way, I thought I would try to outsmart it, maybe it was only doing it when I fast forwarded it, but it does do it either way (play all the way thru or fast forward). After the box resets the button will say Resume, but it starts at the beginning.

Last edited:
As it just recently started? Try redownloading the software. I've seen some odd things with a bad download. Hit the red reset button and just as soon as the screen comes on hit 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote. The R22's are a little more trickier to get to the download so it may take a few tries. Let us know how it goes

It searched for about 15 minutes for a new piece of software, but mine was already up to date - So it didn't download anything at all - But I will check on Monday see if it worked or not. If not, I don't know what else.

It will say it has the current software but it may have taken a bad download. Forcing it in to a download again will correct the issue (normally) also, it should've picked the software well before 15 minutes. Are you sure there isn't multiple problems?

It will say it has the current software but it may have taken a bad download. Forcing it in to a download again will correct the issue (normally) also, it should've picked the software well before 15 minutes. Are you sure there isn't multiple problems?

I have a spare R22-100 and it does the same exact thing with trying to force a download. It will say Searching for New Software (04D1) and the numbers will increase for about 15 minutes and then it will reboot. If you try it again, it will do the same thing. Any other receiver model seems to just find the same software and redownload it like normal. I used to not be able to revert back to NR from CE if I needed to on that box. It would never find current NR software. Seems to always want to look for old blue GUI 04D1 and if it doesn't find it (of course it won't), it just reboots. Not sure what it is with that box and downloading software but it's a pain.

Dan

danpeters said:
I have a spare R22-100 and it does the same exact thing with trying to force a download. It will say Searching for New Software (04D1) and the numbers will increase for about 15 minutes and then it will reboot. If you try it again, it will do the same thing. Any other receiver model seems to just find the same software and redownload it like normal. I used to not be able to revert back to NR from CE if I needed to on that box. It would never find current NR software. Seems to always want to look for old blue GUI 04D1 and if it doesn't find it (of course it won't), it just reboots. Not sure what it is with that box and downloading software but it's a pain.

Dan

I've never heard of this issue before with 22's. News to me, thanks for the insight on it ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts