Programming Remote for "Aux" Audio Tuner

DishTailgater

Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Recently replaced a 612 receiver with a 722. With the 612, I was able to program the "Aux" mode on the remote for a Harman Kardon tuner. However, the remote for the 722 does not recognize the tuner, even though the device codes are the same. Also tried scanning through all the device codes and still no luck. Even worse, I cannot get the original remote for the tuner to work.
Could the UHF remote antenna for TV2 cause interference with the "Aux" mode programming, or with the infrared signal of the original remote?

It's doubtful that the interference would only effect the Harman Tuner (the 612 also has a UHF antenna port). It's more likely that the remote doesn't have a working code.

What remote model is it? Does the original remote work when you get really close the the Tuner?

I show 3 (known) codes for it. 640, 685, and 725.

If this doesn't work, you can always try to "teach" the 20.0 remote the commands since you still have the Tuner's remote.

None of the device codes worked (even though code 640 worked on my old 612 receiver) and a code scan also failed. However, I was able to teach the basic functions to the Dish remote using my old Harman Kardon remote.
Thanks to all of you for your advice and assistance.

I just hooked up my 722 and HK 7200 this week. Did you set the 4 digit AUX remote code 2 - 6-7-2 for an audio amp? (Or 2-6-4-0 that worked before) This worked for my HK AVR 7200 but I had to learn the OFF key from the AVR remote as it never worked with earlier non-learning remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts