Programming requirements for HD DVR ?

skj

Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
bay area, california
My 922 died, so called dish to see if I can move to Hopper or a 722. But I was told that I need to have some HD programming package to be able to change my DVR, otherwise I am stuck with 922 replacements for rest of my life.

I get international programming package and local-channels from dish network. Have been paying them $85-$120 per month for last 10-years, and have always been able to get any receiver. Don't understand what changed ?

If I have to get additional programming - any suggestions ? i.e. does Blockbuster clear me ? or any other trick, like signup for a new package, and then rollback to my regular programming after installation ?

Also, before I got into HD-programming package requirement, I was trying to get 2H instead of 1H/1J, and I was told I have to get it from a retailer ?

Also, before I got into HD-programming package requirement, I was trying to get 2H instead of 1H/1J, and I was told I have to get it from a retailer ?
Dish currently has a policy that each hopper must be paired with at least 1 joey. So 2 hoppers would need 2 joeys.

There are however ways to get around it though like using a retailer.

Someone else would have to comment on the HD issue. Did you check with DIRT on that?

Yes, I contacted DIRT, and seems like no way around. Need to have HD programming package to be able to get 1H/1J. So, sticking with my replacement 922 for now.

Ask Dirt about free HD for life. I'm not sure if you can get it with the international packages but for the regular packages all you need to do is sign up for automatic bill pay and you can get HD without paying any more than you currently are.

What package do you have now? If its on the lower side, you may have to at least get the Dish America.

What package do you have now? If its on the lower side, you may have to at least get the Dish America.

I have south asian mega pack(biggest one), that costs me $55 + $10 international access fee + $10 DVR service + $7 protection plan + $6 locals.
When its all set and done, I am paying dish $88 per month. I don't know what else dish wants from me.

Ask Dirt about free HD for life. I'm not sure if you can get it with the international packages but for the regular packages all you need to do is sign up for automatic bill pay and you can get HD without paying any more than you currently are.

OK. I will try that. I already have automatic bill payment setup with dish.

Since nothing (that I am aware of) is in HD on the internationals, I doubt that it qualifies for free HD for life.

You have to have a qualifying package to receive HD. International has no HD so there for it is not qualifying. When you were on the phone with the Rep did you ask what was the minimum you could add to your existing programming to get the HD to change recievers?

Probably not. Should give that a try. You can always go back to your existing programming after the upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)