Programs censored on DTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I am a newbie to DTV, having only subbed a few days ago but I am quite shocked that they seem to censor bad language in their movies/shows.

Has this always been the case or will this depend on what channel I am watching?

Are the movie channels censored as well?

Thanks

That's exactly what I was going to say. However, I do believe there are some sex scenes in DW that have been "cleaned up" on the 101.~:cool:

Directv doesn't have any capability for changing content in any way so if it's changed it was done by whoever broadcast the show originally. Directv may have requested the changes though. The premium movie channels are not censored at all because you have to purchase them but since 101 goes to everyone they may have toned it down.

Maybe the sex scenes on DW but on Trailer Park Boys, the language is original as well. Would be weird if they did request the changes. That is the point of the stupid rating system on TV isn't it?

Fox Movie Classics and Turner Classic Movies do not censor or edit...and they are free on Direct TV. It is like getting two pay channels for free.

Fox Movie Classics and Turner Classic Movies do not censor or edit...and they are free on Direct TV. It is like getting two pay channels for free.

But unfortunately in SD only (for now) :rant:

Agreed, censoring is by the stations.

This isnt nothing new at all. The cable channels excluding the premium channels have always edited their showings of movies. There have been many times I might start watching a fav old movie that I know that well and it gets on my nerves when I catch them take the original words/scenes out. Usually would end up getting the dvd out and finish watching the "real version" None of the cable,satellite companies have anything to do with this.

I don't know if the 101 is editing or toning down the shows. Oz seems to be pretty raw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts