Programs Cut Short

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fearless

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
Last night 3 of 4 programs I watched were cut short resulting in no ending for me. I know I could set the recording options to extend recording time but if this is like Directv then if two programs are set to record in the next time period then one of the two won't record at all.
The frustration level on this tops the timer limit problem.
I didn't see any other complaints on here about this problem. I'm I the only one this is happening to?

Last night 3 of 4 programs I watched were cut short resulting in no ending for me. I know I could set the recording options to extend recording time but if this is like Directv then if two programs are set to record in the next time period then one of the two won't record at all.
The frustration level on this tops the timer limit problem.
I didn't see any other complaints on here about this problem. I'm I the only one this is happening to?
Were they all on the same network (CBS by chance?)?

Fearless said:
3 different networks. The shows: Doomsday Bunkers, Auction Hunters and Storage Wars Texas.

If anything, I'd rather the beginning gets chopped.

Storage Wars Texas ran 2 mins long like usual and the Auction Hunters premiere was some live special and ran 3 or more minutes long. Part of the problem is dish's guide info stops right on the hour therefore so does the recordings.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

Correct those specific shows ran over. However, you haven't even tried to extend the recordings. With three tuners I'm guessing you can do that with no problem..... Remember those programs are repeated just a couple or so hours later, and can be recorded then, still using the NEW setting. (Let it record using the priority and it will automatically record new shows the next time they are on if it can't at the time you pick. Works with most any Cable channel, not with Networks.)

Storage Wars Texas ran 2 mins long like usual and the Auction Hunters premiere was some live special and ran 3 or more minutes long. Part of the problem is dish's guide info stops right on the hour therefore so does the recordings.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

I've only been with E* for 4 months and my biggest complaint against them is the guide. It seems to always round down in 5 minute increments. I was with D* for 4+ years and their guide was much better about end times for shows. This week I missed the ending of Desperate Housewives because PTAT hadn't activated and also missed the end of Fairly Legal on USA. I wish Dish would use the D* guide.

I've only been with E* for 4 months and my biggest complaint against them is the guide. It seems to always round down in 5 minute increments. I was with D* for 4+ years and their guide was much better about end times for shows. This week I missed the ending of Desperate Housewives because PTAT hadn't activated and also missed the end of Fairly Legal on USA. I wish Dish would use the D* guide.
ABC purposely offsets their schedule on some shows to mess up DVRs. You might want to pad that timer by a minute or two just to make sure the end doesn't get cut off.

That is why I set manual timers for certain nights on comedies. Like Cbs on Monday night from 7:00pm - 9:00pm and I catch all the endings of the shows . Same on Fox shows on certain comedy nights and ABC loves to do the late endings on their comedies too, so another 2 hour manual timers on Wednesday nights too. OF course I'm talking about the Vip series of dvrs. I only wish that they would allow you to do manual timers on the Hopper too.

Multiple programs tonight were cut short again. I don't ever recall having this issue with Directv. The only scheduling issue I had with them was I couldn't get the receiver to stop recording an extra minute of The Bachelor, resulting in one less tuner to record in the next time period.
This is why I'm hesitant to add extra time to recordings.

If the hopped is like every other dish DVR when you use the system default of 1 min early 3 min late it will drop the pad if it would cause a conflict.

Sent from my DROIDX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)