Programs Missing For Transfer to EHD

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I recorded the "Salute to the Beatles" on CBS Sunday evening and really enjoyed the program. I want to save it for viewing again sometime, so would like to transfer it from my Hopper to my EHD.

There's a big problem, though. When I go to the menu and select External Hard Drive, then select a transfer from the DVR to the EHD, the Beatles program is not included in the titles available for transfer.

Does anyone have any idea why? Lots of other shows recorded during prime time are shown, but not the Beatles program. There doesn't seem to be any way to select "My Recordings" or "Prime Time Recordings"... just a way to show them in folders or not.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can find the program on the DVR to transfer it?

Thanks!

Larry
SF

Larry, they are repeating that show tonight. Go to your guide, click the event and tell it to record. Then when it is complete, you can move it directly to your EHD. I did that with Sunday's show... What Lucky told you to do will work as well....

I saved the Beatles show from my PTAT folder to My Recordings and deleted it from the PTAT folder. It still doesn't show up in the transfer list.

I recorded tonight's version of the show and it still doesn't show in the transfer list.

I called Dish Tech Support and they said that the show was marked by the network so that it can't be transferred to an external source. The guy said that it's up to the networks which shows can or cannot be transferred. Dish has no part in it. He suggested that I just leave the show on my Hopper hard drive.

Hmmmm....

Larry
SF

I saved the Beatles show from my PTAT folder to My Recordings and deleted it from the PTAT folder. It still doesn't show up in the transfer list.

I recorded tonight's version of the show and it still doesn't show in the transfer list.

I called Dish Tech Support and they said that the show was marked by the network so that it can't be transferred to an external source. The guy said that it's up to the networks which shows can or cannot be transferred. Dish has no part in it. He suggested that I just leave the show on my Hopper hard drive.

Hmmmm....

Larry
SF

Is there other content missing from the transfer list? How big is your hard drive? Maybe this event is further down the list since you will only see the amount of content that would fit on the ehd.

Hmmmm....

Larry
SF

You can't transfer PTAT shows, saved or not, for the default eight days, or the duration you select in PTAT setup.
BS about not being able to transfer Beatles. I did...non PTAT.

Hmmmm....

Larry
SF

Stupid, dumb, ignorant, lazy, untrained, you pick the description but that is the answers you get from the phone CSR's. That is blatantly untrue. Is there anyone at DISH who cares that CSR's constantly give out wrong ridiculous information?

Yeah, I wonder why I was able to move Sunday's Beatles show to my EHD if the networks wouldn't allow it. If nothing else Larry, as long as you have the show in your My Recordings space, you should be able to see it and move it by next Tuesday or so....

Larry
SF

I have the same problem. As far as I can tell, there is no way to save any PTAT recording to the EHD! I was able to save prime time shows with all of my previous Dish DVRs. You would think that Dish's flagship receiver would be able to do the same thing! :(

Trying to save the Beatles special was the first time that I have tried to save a PTAT program to my EHD. Can anyone confirm that after 8 days have passed, I will be able to save a PTAT program to the EHD (as long as I have saved it to My Recordings first)?

You can transfer before the 8 days if you want, go into the PTAT settings & change the saved number of days - then you can transfer to EHD. Did it more than once when I had to replace hoppers, & when I upgraded to HWS. Lowest number of days is 2, after that it will work. If you want to reset it back to 8 afterwards, just go back in to the settings & change it.

Thanks for the info from all of you. I'll try transferring the Beatles again next week after the 8 days have passed for PTAT. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)