Programs with wrong "first airing date" not recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
I like to record and watch "Race Hub" on FS1. I've always had it set to record new. It was not recording Mon, Tue and again today. When I checked the first airing date, it always showed 11/2/1009. Anyone else have this issue. Once it happened on Monday, I checked both Tuesday and today showed that date.

Anyone else having issues like this?

Yes that does happen from time to time, and at the moment the anomalies in the guide are about as bad as they have been for the programs I record. "Pawn Stars" and "Parts Unknown (Anthony Bordain)" for instance keep recording because they are coded wrong though do not say new they have an N/A date. "Hotel Impossible" says new for old episodes and they are all recording. "Brandi and Jarrod" show records every repeat of the one show that aired unless I catch it. Then there's "Alaska State Troopers" that seems to record whenever it wants to.
There are shows as you found that do not record even though new. I had that problem with the Reelz show "Cracked" at one time.

Did Dish change something in their software ? In the past, if there was "bad" or missing guide data for a show, Dish erred on the side of caution and recorded it. Better to have it recorded and the user can delete it if in fact it's not new vs miss it completely.

...then the opposite of that...The current US season of "Continuum", SyFy first run episodes have the correct USA air date, then the 2nd showing has the Canadian OAD which is causing both airings to record as NEW.

I've seen people say Top Gear has that problem as well. The guide lists the UK first-aired date, which is typically a few days or a week earlier, so the Dish receiver thinks it's a non-new episode and doesn't record it.

...then the opposite of that...The current US season of "Continuum", SyFy first run episodes have the correct USA air date, then the 2nd showing has the Canadian OAD which is causing both airings to record as NEW.

I don't have that issue on my Hopper.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've seen people say Top Gear has that problem as well. The guide lists the UK first-aired date, which is typically a few days or a week earlier, so the Dish receiver thinks it's a non-new episode and doesn't record it.

Yes, forgot that one though of late it has been ok.

I'm getting more than the first airing on many shows. Turn and Mad Men on AMC, Nurse Jackie on Showtime and Fargo on FX among others. This just started recently. Did Dish switch to the cut rate version of the Tribune guide service? :rolleyes:

I record Turn , new episodes only, with no problems. It only records new episodes like it's supposed to.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In Cycle oin Universal Sports shows the date as 03/12/2014 for all episodes. However there is a new one every week. Tribune Media needs to get this fixed.

I have so many now that have popped up I can't even list them all. In addition to what I listed I see old episodes of Beverly Hills Pawn wanting to record and a gadzillion American Pickers, and Storage Wars Texas.

If the new episode is at a set time just do a daily/weekly timer and it should fix it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, Race Hub comes at different times on different days. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

HOWEVER ... in looking at the May 1st and later airings, the "new" dates are correct for Race Hub. Go figure.

I have so many now that have popped up I can't even list them all. In addition to what I listed I see old episodes of Beverly Hills Pawn wanting to record and a gadzillion American Pickers, and Storage Wars Texas.

Is it later in the available schedule? If so that may be because no listing info is on those airings yet

Nope, Race Hub comes at different times on different days. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

HOWEVER ... in looking at the May 1st and later airings, the "new" dates are correct for Race Hub. Go figure.

Yeah had to do that with Fox Sports Live (I DVR the 6 am airing so It won't conflict with my late night DVRing)

This may or may not be a related problem, but I just found out that my Hopper missed this year's entire season of "Oddities" on The Science Channel when they apparently ran all of them last Sunday and it only recorded four of them. Since I have all my timers set to start a minute early, I saw material that I didn't recognize at the end of the previous episode before two of them, and when I pushed the Info button to see what was listed for an air date, they all had original air dates from whenever they apparently ran them earlier this spring. So whenever they were on originally, either they weren't listed as new then, or they fell victim to the "cancelled by user" bug if it was active back that far back. But I don't think it was active that far back, plus I've never seen it hit every episode of a series.

(Mind you, I can't confirm that they were actually aired sequentially earlier, versus all being aired last Sunday with wrong dates, because The Science Channel's website doesn't list any episodes from 2014 at all!)

Is it later in the available schedule? If so that may be because no listing info is on those airings yet

No, old episode as I said, not an unknown episode. Unknown is a different problem, known when the show is in advance and often corrects itself somewhere near the day of airing. However there are more and more shows that are N/A now on the day of airing. My examples are all of old shows clearly defined as to what episode, some like Hotel Impossible that has the correct episode info, that is old, but marked as new.

I have even checked to be sure I am getting guide updates, and I am on all my receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts