ProjectAd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asket

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Anaheim CA
Been picking up a potential malware when tuned into satellite guys called Project Ad according to the security software. Listed as potentially undesirable program which takes over your computer with full screen ads. Yes it is happening so watch out!

Checked and am finding nothing...

But that not to say there isn't anything , as it could be targeted by area.... Or could be existing malware on the users machine.

It seems when these things hit they hit on the weekend went the ad agencies are closed.

best advice I can give at the moment is to make sure you have the latest version of flash loaded as that is how most of these malware things get in...

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Or use flashblock in FF. :) There are sites getting infected with malware everyday that run php for entering in information. When a script is active to access the database in anyway there is always some way these script kiddies can mess with the code :( I had some problems with the map master R&D discussion forum getting Google ads forced into our code a few weeks back..

Last edited:
Checked and am finding nothing...

But that not to say there isn't anything , as it could be targeted by area.... Or could be existing malware on the users machine.

It seems when these things hit they hit on the weekend went the ad agencies are closed.

best advice I can give at the moment is to make sure you have the latest version of flash loaded as that is how most of these malware things get in...

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

If it starts I cannot do anything. HD goes nuts, screen goes black then full screen ad starts.
Only appears on this website.
Advertisement | drupal.org
Might be the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)