Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
With summer lightning storms looming in the near future I was wondering what is the best way to ground ku and c dishes that are about 100' away from your house? I saw in another thread that a seperate ground rod is not recommended unless it is bonded to your house ground. Is that recommended/possible at over 100' away or would it be better to use light arrestors and grounding at the point the coax enters the house and not ground the dishes themselves? :what

Well, I'm down for a while.:( NASTY storms came through last night with the worst lightning I've ever seen in the 7 years we've lived here. It was striking non-stop everywhere outside and then BAM! Lights blinked out, we all felt static/tingle feeling through the house, the cordless phones all rang, even the kids stuffed animals with electronic sound boxes started playing. It took out the kids computer in one end of the house, the X2 satellite receiver in the living room + both lnbs (including my NEW Titanium C1-PLL :censored) and the pre-amp for the OTA antenna at the other end of the house.:eek:

Very sorry to hear, I hope you can bring things back soon!

Very sorry to hear, I hope you can bring things back soon!
Thanks! Hope to get things up again soon - hard to protect from a direct hit like that but hope to use the info in the link you provided to get things as protected as possible when I do.:rolleyes: Need to verify house and phone grounds are up to the job - lots of problems with power and phones here during storms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts