Protection Plan & Broken Equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
Short story - moving furniture; cat managed to send receiver box crashing to the floor. It's totally and completely dead. Will the protection plan cover this, or will I be billed the cost of the replacement? If I will be billed, we can get by without the box for a couple of months. If the plan will cover, I will call them in the morning and request a new box.

Also, any [financial] advantage to upgrading the box to HD right now? Old analog tv in the room (spare bedroom/office).

Thanks!

Short story - moving furniture; cat managed to send receiver box crashing to the floor. It's totally and completely dead. Will the protection plan cover this, or will I be billed the cost of the replacement

Is the receiver damaged? I would call them up and just say the box died....

If I will be billed, we can get by without the box for a couple of months. If the plan will cover, I will call them in the morning and request a new box. Also, any [financial] advantage to upgrading the box to HD right now? Old analog tv in the room (spare bedroom/office).

Thanks!

I've only been able to get the protection plan to replace HD receivers w/ HD receivers. A HD receiver will work well with an analog TV: I have a H23 hooked to a old 36" Panasonic tube, and the HD channels look better than the SD channels.

Yeah, unfortunately, there's a piece of plastic and a button that both broke off, and the "front end" is pretty wobbly. In the middle of fairly pricey home improvements - a new receiver box isn't really in the budget right now. I'd be perfectly happy with another non-HD box - if the protection plan will cover it. I hate to call them without knowing - I don't want them to go ahead and charge my credit card until I'm ready to pay. (I'm one of those crazy people who pays their card off every month - if I don't have the money, it doesn't go on the card.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)