Protection Plan going up $2/month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My question is what about if there are SWIM issues? I have a SWIM 16 that mean I would have to pay out of pocket for one of these? I have Spare LNBs, not worried about that to much.

that can be a pricey item depending where you get it. i've seen plenty of those between $60-$80 and same items much more from other sellers. i don't have a swim 16 but if i did and can get them at that price, the PP still seems not worth it for me. again i realize most customers wont touch these things but i'm not criticizing those who the PP is a good idea,just explaining why I have never paid for it.

that can be a pricey item depending where you get it. i've seen plenty of those between $60-$80 and same items much more from other sellers. i don't have a swim 16 but if i did and can get them at that price, the PP still seems not worth it for me. again i realize most customers wont touch these things but i'm not criticizing those who the PP is a good idea,just explaining why I have never paid for it.
I'm just asking if Directv covers the Swim suff without Protection Plan. I seriously don't Know.
:)

I know the internet makes it hard to judge a person response. I wasn't questioning why you don't subscribe. Thats cool that you don't , I'm wondering why I do subscribe . I'm tired of the increases.

I'm just asking if Directv covers the Swim suff without Protection Plan. I seriously don't Know.
:)

I know the internet makes it hard to judge a person response. I wasn't questioning why you don't subscribe. Thats cool that you don't , I'm wondering why I do subscribe . I'm tired of the increases.

no worries my friend, it's all good.i know you meant nothing by it and you're right, it's hard to tell intent/emotion because i wasn't pissed or anything else :D hehe...

i would think that is also covered by the plan but perhaps someone with more experience will chime in.

I had a HR24-100 HD crapped out once and replace with HR24-200 with no PP, The next one won't be so generous but you never know.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

They will replace a defective leased unit for free, but you are supposed to pay for the shipping, which is $20. That fee is sometimes waived.

This thread clears up a lot for me. This is my first year back with D*, prior subscription was from 97 to 04. Lots have changed and in the past I've have two receivers, one built in that I owned and one leased. My first 2 bills from D*, I was not charged for the PP after the 3rd month the charge showed up. I was under the impression you'd have to pay to have a receiver repaired or replaced and right away I started having issues with the Genie and one client. Had to reset both about 3 times in the first month and since then only twice. I figured the PP was worth it because of the new technology. My installer came out a couple extra times to check out the equipment free of charge. I can handle the $20 shipping charge for replacement. Have to say this forum rocks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)