PROTECTION PLAN QUESTION

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you had an HR10-250 no matter what went wrong with it and you wanted it replaced DIRECTV would consider it an ungrade since the HR10-250 only get's 3 or so HD channels.

Surprisingly no.

According to policy even the HR10-250 if dead is supposed to be order under pro plan code for replacement, and not the hd swap upgrade code.

I should know as my modem died on my HR10-250, ( which is important for employee acccounts since any on employee we have to have the phone line pluged in. ) They replaced with an HR22, and when I activated it it was marked as owned.

It is one of the few ways to get a hr2x box maked as owned any more.

also had a DVR40 have a bad drive and replaced with R16-300 again replacement marked as owned.

Thank you for the reply.
Now another question. We have family staying with us for the holidays.
We have had Directv from the start of Directv, we signed up for the protection plan after an HD DVR was installed earlier this year. I forgot about us having the protection plan when the SD DVR receiver quit. After the receiver quit I got on line & ordered an HD DVR replacement. It was installed the next day. The installer reminded me about us having the protection plan. It did not hit me until he left that the receiver should have been covered under the plan. I was just glad the kids could watch TV again. Who do I call to check on this?

Thank you for the reply.
Now another question. We have family staying with us for the holidays.
We have had Directv from the start of Directv, we signed up for the protection plan after an HD DVR was installed earlier this year. I forgot about us having the protection plan when the SD DVR receiver quit. After the receiver quit I got on line & ordered an HD DVR replacement. It was installed the next day. The installer reminded me about us having the protection plan. It did not hit me until he left that the receiver should have been covered under the plan. I was just glad the kids could watch TV again. Who do I call to check on this?

I mean the HD DVR wont be covered as an ERP aka replacement box as it not what we would replace a dvr80 with .

If you still have the bad sd dvr you can call us up and walk through the bs steps with tech support and they will order you an replacment.

Little confused
I currently own a 21-100 if when I sigh up for the PP.
If that were to go bad will they replace it with a own or leased box.

or do I need to owned a old HR10-250 which I have but not active on my account.
can I activate and use PP to get a new owned Hr22

Little confused
I currently own a 21-100 if when I sigh up for the PP.
If that were to go bad will they replace it with a own or leased box.

or do I need to owned a old HR10-250 which I have but not active on my account.
can I activate and use PP to get a new owned Hr22

If the hr21 is truely marked as own and you signed up for PP, then the replacment will be marekd as owned.

On a HR10-250 if it is active and owned and something happens and you have PP, as long as they do the HR10-250 as an ERP aka PP replacment and not as an HD swap it will be marked as owned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)