PROTECTION PLAN QUESTION

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wcalifas831

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
CALIFORNIA
I have a lingering question about the protection plan. So if I have an owned receiver and it goes dead, will the replacement receiver with the protection plan become an owned receiver? Experts in this please chime in, thanks.

I have a lingering question about the protection plan. So if I have an owned receiver and it goes dead, will the replacement receiver with the protection plan become an owned receiver? Experts in this please chime in, thanks.

YES, unless you upgrade the recvr.

I'm new with D* and the first month is free. After the first 30 days the protection plan is like 5.99. What is this for? Is it good to have and why or why not?

I'm new with D* and the first month is free. After the first 30 days the protection plan is like 5.99. What is this for? Is it good to have and why or why not?

If you have any issues they come out and fix it for free ... realign dish, bad coax whatever ... otherwise there's a $49 fee, use to be $ 75 and sometimes is credited for, but other times not.

I was told by my installer and others on here you are good up to 90 days after the install.

Did you get that in writing? I wouldn't go by that if it's not in writing.

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Protection Plan

They told me exactly what was said here.
It was a local dealer and said I had 90 days and after that I could go through them or Direct if I wanted the protection plan. Local was going to cost a few dollars more and I would call them and not Direct so I can get faster service just as my install.

Just checked my contract and yes it did say 90 days after the install.

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Protection Plan

They told me exactly what was said here.
It was a local dealer and said I had 90 days and after that I could go through them or Direct if I wanted the protection plan. Local was going to cost a few dollars more and I would call them and not Direct so I can get faster service just as my install.

Just checked my contract and yes it did say 90 days after the install.

Is this a Local dealer thing or thru D*, they could offer you longer with the dealer if the dealer is the one that would be doing the work.

The contract is with Direct. 90 days.

The protection plan would be with the local for a few extra bucks, $7.95.

How long do you have to cancel a new install if you decide you don't want it ?

umm once your installed your install you cant cancel unless your in once of the few states that require a small 14 days grace from time of order not time of install.

You have 24 hours as a new customer to cancel.

existing customer installing equipment once it installed it install no turning back.

The 90 days goes for anytime you have a tech to your home. That means installs & technical issues. New customers, upgrades, sfss, movers, etc.

fightfan, I've had protec plan before and don't have it now. For me, protec plan means never having to worry or haggle over the cost of a technician coming to your home for a service call. You'll never have to pay the $49 for a service call. You'll also never have to pay to have a remote replaced ($16) if needed.

I don't have it now because there is usually an offer to add it if a service call is needed and still get a free service call. The downside is protec plan then becomes a 1yr commitment. I do most of the work myself anyway unless a part is needed so the monthly cost of protec plan vs how often I would really need it doesn't balance.

It you don't want to get dirty doing your own repairs and don't mind the $6 monthly cost then I would advise keep it. If you want to chance the possibility of a $49 service call or feel comfortable attempting repairs then you may want to cancel it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts