Protection Plan

Does it apply for a dish removed due to a roofing job. Does the protection plan go for the reinstall and reaiming? Or would I have to pay the $95?

Does the protection plan help in reducing costs when you go to upgrade? (to HD, switch arcs, etc.)

The answer is yes. Typically a technician visit is $95. With the Protection Plan it reduces that to just $15. The Protection Plan also covers the shipping and handling when we have to send a replacement unit. Normally it would be $15 for standard UPS shipping.

Does it apply for a dish removed due to a roofing job. Does the protection plan go for the reinstall and reaiming? Or would I have to pay the $95?

If you were to have the dish moved to a new location then according to online chat it would be $15 + $50 with the protection plan. Then it would be another $15 + $50 to move it back to the roof.

The answer is yes. Typically a technician visit is $95. With the Protection Plan it reduces that to just $15. The Protection Plan also covers the shipping and handling when we have to send a replacement unit. Normally it would be $15 for standard UPS shipping.

Forgot about the receiver shipping as well. Other than that, still have to pay full price upgrade fees.

It would be $0 to move it off the roof. But something to put it back and aim it. $0 because the roofers can take it off and in the meantime, I can try another location where I can reach it when the ice and snow hits.

I received the insurance esimates today and it looks like they expect the roofers to remove, replace and reset the dish. But they only have $83 in for it. I've told them it is $95 for dish to get it but the roofers can take it off the roof. Anyway, I do not need the protection coverage.

I went through a similar ordeal recently, having roof redone due to storm damage. Apparently the roofers don't even need to move the dish. I am a little skeptical about that but I will have an inspector come out and check behind them.

...Certain items such as remotes are only warrantied for 1 year after which replacement would cost $20.00 + shipping but with the service plan there is no charge.

Jumping in here. So Mary, replacement remotes are free if you have the protection plan? I just ordered a replacement remote today for my 622, anyway to get credited back the charge? If I have the protection plan, shouldn't the remote shown as no charge on the order?

Scott

Jumping in here. So Mary, replacement remotes are free if you have the protection plan? I just ordered a replacement remote today for my 622, anyway to get credited back the charge? If I have the protection plan, shouldn't the remote shown as no charge on the order?

Scott

Did you order it through the website or a rep? I believe to get the free replacement you have to order it through a rep. They should be able to credit you for it though. Just send a PM to one of the DIRT members.

If you were to have the dish moved to a new location then according to online chat it would be $15 + $50 with the protection plan. Then it would be another $15 + $50 to move it back to the roof...
The roofers took my two dishes down and the installer put my EA replacement dish in a new location for $15 total.

When we had our roof replaced in 2008, the roofers did not touch the dishes - both are mounted on the eves.

Mine's actually mounted on the roof, but it's close to the eave.

The roofers took my two dishes down and the installer put my EA replacement dish in a new location for $15 total.

Not surprised. A CSR giving false info... Shocking...

Not surprised. A CSR giving false info... Shocking...
Not surprised that you'd make a nasty post like that.

It had absolutely nothing to do with a CSR.

You've been bashing Dish for so long that I'd hope you just go away. lol

EDIT: Now you have gone away.

Not surprised that you'd make a nasty post like that.

It had absolutely nothing to do with a CSR.

You've been bashing Dish for so long that I'd hope you just go away. lol

EDIT: Now you have gone away.

If you had even bothered to read my previous post, I stated that I was told online by a CSR that it was more than that. I was actually agreeing with you, but I forgot that you enjoy twisting words and arguing for no reason... Also, I wasn't specifically "bashing" DISH, I was "bashing" CSRs in general, for 99% of large companies. DIRT and a few others being the rare exception.

Ignore feature still works, eh? ;)

I guess it doesn't work so well when I remove a person from my ignore list, in hopes that they'd act normal... Looks like I need to just put it back and leave it.

EDIT: I've added another person to that list as well. Looks like it still works.

Last edited:

Scott

Yes Scott, replacement remotes (meaning TS was unable to resolve issue and we need to send a replacement) is free with the Protection Plan. Just ordering another remote will be $20.00 for the remote and $15.00 shipping. If you would like me to review your account then just PM me your information.

Back to re-roofing and moving dishes ...

Before I had my roof repaired six years ago I went ahead and moved the dish from the roof to the side of the house because I didn't want the roofers messing with it. I was surprised how easy it was to re-aim the dish. I had marked the azimuth and elevation before moving it just in case I had to put it back in the same location. When I mounted it on the side and aimed it (connected a portable TV to a long cable, took it outside and viewed the signal strengths) I was surprised that the best position had exactly the same azimuth and elevation as before. I guess it doesn't change much moving the dish a few feet lower and to the side of where it was on the roof.

The nice thing about it all is, when we had to get our roof re-shingled again this year (due to a hail storm) the dish was totally out of the way and we didn't need to worry about it. I wonder why DISH doesn't always mount them on the side of the house (when possible)?

Yeah, not sure why they didn't put mine on the eve, but I'm not complaining... The dish is in a great spot, I had a look at the dish after the roofers finished everything up, looks fine to me, I'm pretty amazed they could re-shingle without even moving the dish, but I'm going to have an inspector out to check everything out, so he'll let me know if there's a problem. By the looks of it though, I doubt it. They did pretty well, didn't bump the dish out of alignment or anything.

I've aimed plenty of dishes before, but the roofers insisted that it was unnecessary to move it, so I left it.

I heard about that phoenix hail storm, wow that was crazy from what I saw on TV... In my case, a tornado practically skipped over my house, taking out all but 3 trees (at least 9-10 were fallen,) according to NOAA it was 205mph winds above the house, but about 100mph winds down where the house is. A tree landed on the house, but luckily it was close enough that it didn't have enough leverage to completely tear through the house, but part of the tree was sticking through a bedroom ceiling. That's all fixed now, but I'm amazed at how the dish stayed in alignment during all that :eek: .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)