protection plan

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
With the increase in price from $6 to $7 per month, are you still required to keep the protection plan for four months after adding it? I added it a few weeks ago for a tech visit call to solve a switch problem with my dish and am wondering if I still have to keep the plan for the four months before dropping it.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
As of 5/23/2012, any customer that removes the Protection Plan will no longer be charged a $25 cancellation fee.

At least some good news comes out of this increase...

Hmmm, I didn't even realize there was a change in the price. Perhaps I need to actually look at my bill some day :p

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
As of 5/23/2012, any customer that removes the Protection Plan will no longer be charged a $25 cancellation fee.

So we can add it and drop it like it was a couple years ago? Nice. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They probably stopped charging the $25.00 fee because customers would quit DISH over it, or they would fail to ever add the $7.00 protection plan, because of fear of dropping it in the future and getting hit with a $25.00 fee. I haven't had the plan since it was $1.99 a month. As soon as they hiked it to $6.00 , I dropped it and just pay the shipping and handling fee as needed. They still replace the receivers either way.

I'd like to get this straight before I make a decision. About a month ago a tech came out to my house because I was having some signal issues, so I had to sign up for the protection plan because I didn't want to pay for the service call. At that time, I was told I could cancel the PP after four months without any penalty. I figured that some time during that four months, I would switch over to the Hopper. Now I'm not 100% sure because of the AMC situation.

So I guess I have two questions. First of all, can I cancel the PP now, without any penalty? Secondly, if I want to upgrade to the Hopper (possibly in a couple of months), could I just add the plan again at that time, and then cancel it after the installation? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)