protection plan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
With the increase in price from $6 to $7 per month, are you still required to keep the protection plan for four months after adding it? I added it a few weeks ago for a tech visit call to solve a switch problem with my dish and am wondering if I still have to keep the plan for the four months before dropping it.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
As of 5/23/2012, any customer that removes the Protection Plan will no longer be charged a $25 cancellation fee.

At least some good news comes out of this increase...

Hmmm, I didn't even realize there was a change in the price. Perhaps I need to actually look at my bill some day :p

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
As of 5/23/2012, any customer that removes the Protection Plan will no longer be charged a $25 cancellation fee.

So we can add it and drop it like it was a couple years ago? Nice. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They probably stopped charging the $25.00 fee because customers would quit DISH over it, or they would fail to ever add the $7.00 protection plan, because of fear of dropping it in the future and getting hit with a $25.00 fee. I haven't had the plan since it was $1.99 a month. As soon as they hiked it to $6.00 , I dropped it and just pay the shipping and handling fee as needed. They still replace the receivers either way.

I'd like to get this straight before I make a decision. About a month ago a tech came out to my house because I was having some signal issues, so I had to sign up for the protection plan because I didn't want to pay for the service call. At that time, I was told I could cancel the PP after four months without any penalty. I figured that some time during that four months, I would switch over to the Hopper. Now I'm not 100% sure because of the AMC situation.

So I guess I have two questions. First of all, can I cancel the PP now, without any penalty? Secondly, if I want to upgrade to the Hopper (possibly in a couple of months), could I just add the plan again at that time, and then cancel it after the installation? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)