Proton Breeze M Returned to Flight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
The Proton Breeze M (failed with AMC 14) has been cleared for new launches.

The Breeze M will be used to lift Ceil 2 (replacement for Echostar 5) sometime around the first of the year.

News 061606

I was reading the summary and it says there was a ruptured gas conduit. Reading on later, it says that the thickness was below specification. Wouldn't the conduit have been checked with calipers of an appropriate size and accuracy to assure they were at or above spec?

You'd think so but who knows what kind of engineering they learn in Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan University Schools! :)

Somebody wasn't paying attention apparently.

You'd think so but who knows what kind of engineering they learn in Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan University Schools! :)

It's just poor quality control. The last Proton launch failure was due to a rivet/screw put through wiring to the explosive bolts used for staging.:(

I say we call Mexico. I hear they launched a whale to the moon! Imagine what they could do with a satellite!

Sounds like they need to hire some QC people.
Kind of ironic... Dish being screwed by a company that has a weak QC dept. :rolleyes:

Don't worry Charlie. I'm sure the QC for your next Breeze M launch will be up to the standards of the QC of your recent software update for the ViP622/722. What goes around, comes around, bro :cool:

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)