PS VUE + AMAZON PRIME + TABLO

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Have finally finished my provider "rebuild" after dumping DTV and their $130 plus per month with no so called premium channels. Have had Vue for over a month now, and am very happy with it. We have all but a couple of the channels we watch, so the ability to watch most of our favorite shows. For those couple of shows not covered, we'll just have to find another way. Specifically shows on WGN and History. The "cloud" DVR works great. Just have to list our shows as "favorites", and all episodes record automatically. Video quality outstanding. The only issues we have are the vertical (non-linear) guide and the lack of all but one local OTA station. CBS is the only one so far in Cleveland. $35 per month.
Signed on yesterday for the Amazon Prime free preview. First impression---good. Nice selection of recent and older movies. Better in my opinion than what is offered on HBO, Showtime. etc. Plus TV shows and much misc. content. All for $10.99 per month after the free preview. Looks like a keeper.
And finally, for those missing locals on Vue. I purchased a Tablo unit for viewing and recording the many shows we watch on the networks. Works great. No monthly cost after the initial equipment purchase.
This is all made possible with the Spectrum 60 Meg service we have. AAAAAH! TV heaven.:happydance

Have finally finished my provider "rebuild" after dumping DTV and their $130 plus per month with no so called premium channels. Have had Vue for over a month now, and am very happy with it. We have all but a couple of the channels we watch, so the ability to watch most of our favorite shows. For those couple of shows not covered, we'll just have to find another way. Specifically shows on WGN and History. The "cloud" DVR works great. Just have to list our shows as "favorites", and all episodes record automatically. Video quality outstanding. The only issues we have are the vertical (non-linear) guide and the lack of all but one local OTA station. CBS is the only one so far in Cleveland. $35 per month.
Signed on yesterday for the Amazon Prime free preview. First impression---good. Nice selection of recent and older movies. Better in my opinion than what is offered on HBO, Showtime. etc. Plus TV shows and much misc. content. All for $10.99 per month after the free preview. Looks like a keeper.
And finally, for those missing locals on Vue. I purchased a Tablo unit for viewing and recording the many shows we watch on the networks. Works great. No monthly cost after the initial equipment purchase.
This is all made possible with the Spectrum 60 Meg service we have. AAAAAH! TV heaven.:happydance

Amazon Prime is worth it just for the free two day shipping, the video is just an added bonus.

You can get prime cheaper paying for the year up front (8.99 is what it works out to)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's too bad. My wife and I love it. We probably get our money back every year by not paying for shipping. I even use my account for ordering things for my business.
It pays for itself many times over for us as well when I count business ordering. I'd have it even if it didn't offer video and all the other perks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

For sure. I had Prime for years before there was any other real benefits. Everything I get now is a fantastic bonus.

Reactions: navychop
When I cut the cord last June, I had planned to sign up for Prime Video only on a month-to-month basis when I didn't have a lot of TV recordings to watch. But when I discovered Prime music (I don't pay for any other music services), I decided it was worth it to commit to the whole year. As an avid reader, I also enjoy Prime Reading, Kindle First, and the free Audible Channels. And last week I set up my first Echo Dot. So it's safe to say I'll be renewing when I get hit up for the annual renewal fee next month even though I probably don't watch five hours of video content on Prime in a month and I only order from Amazon once a month or every two months.

I've ordered 32 items since January, some actually delivered on a Sunday! Their HDR prime content is better than Netflix. With the free music and books, is amazing they make as much money as they do. I'm prime for life.

Starting to consider Vue, but finally got my Dish Bill to around $90 with flex. Probably cut the cord when my 2 year contract expires. Streaming will be much better by then.

6P - AVR5810 - EF9500 - Dish - Xbox1S

Not a power buyer,no funds to do so,usually found what I was looking for cheaper elsewhere and one of the last things I did buy,2 day shipping took 4.So when the year was up they got sent packing.

Similar set up here PS Vue $35 Netflix $12 Hdhomerun OTA + Dvr $3. I think you are better doing prime by month, not enough content for year. I plan on rotating Hbo,Starzz, Prime and Netflix.

I pay half for prime with school discount, signed up few years back.
I use to pay $29 yearly, now its $49, its still a great deal, plus I order tons of stuff from amazon.

I placed 42 orders with Amazon in the last 6 months. My savings on shipping alone almost pays for the annual cost. I use Prime Video and Prime Music all the time. It's easy for me to spend $99 a year for all that...

Me too! The video is just a nice topping on a very good deal on shipping IMO.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

I placed 42 orders with Amazon in the last 6 months. My savings on shipping alone almost pays for the annual cost.
Amazon has free shipping without Prime if you hit the minimum order threshold for amazon.com direct orders, and many of the marketplace vendors will offer free shipping and often have lower pricing than those items with Prime shipping.

As an example: Amazon product ASIN B004DJE1L8
Current pricing of $31.16 with Prime, or $28.65 with free shipping (no minimum order $) from an Amazon marketplace vendor.

There was a class action lawsuit a couple years ago around the shipping pricing structure that Amazon has increasingly been using to obscure the true value of Prime. ( https://www.consumeraffairs.com/new...s-prime-members-for-free-shipping-031414.html )

If you want a real eye opener, check out eBay these days. Many of the merchants that sell through Amazon marketplace also sell on eBay and offer substantially lower prices because the seller fees are less. Most of the products are available with "Fast'n'Free" shipping thanks to the rate structure that eBay has negotiated with the USPS, and amusingly some of the merchants even use their Amazon logistics account to ship products purchased on eBay so your goods arrive in Amazon boxes with Amazon "gift" receipts. (I think it's intended to be for warranty replacement/exchange type transactions)

I'm using the bike chain missing links as an example because I just ordered some, but I ended up ordering through eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KMC-Missing...ver-for-Shimano-Campag-SRAM-KMC-/152095508502

$12.99 with free shipping, package was delivered using Amazon local delivery drivers.

Full disclosure: I am a Prime member because I wanted access to the Epix movie collection, Amazon originals like The Grand Tour, and my other half takes advantage of the Kindle lending library. I've gotten myself out of the "1 click" order habit over the last year, however, because the price difference can be staggering if you start to add it all up.

Yeah, but do they deliver in 2 days and on Sundays? Sometimes you just need it free and fast. USPS on eBay can take a long time. They've got to be losing money on half the $5 stuff I order!

6P - AVR5810 - EF9500 - Dish - Xbox1S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts