PS3 Firmware 2.5 Info Released (by Sony)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is extremely disappointing. The fact that screenshots only work on "select games" means that it won't work on anything and maybe only 1-2 for over a year.

Sounds like another thing like Trophies that they'll try and get developers to shoehorn in, and at some point make standard on all games.

So more or less, something that should have been there from the get go.

What i like the most about this update is the power saving. I've gotten so used to the 360 controllers turning themselves off when I've stepped away for an extended period, or forgotten to turn it off... my PS3 controllers are more often dead than charged.

I don't really get the point of screenshots. Anyone mind explaining?
Easy. How about you get a perfect score on "Through the Fire and the Flames" on GH3 or a great score on "Painkiller" on RB2? Instead of having to deal with a digital camera and getting photos like this, you can get one right in the game that you can save and them upload to show everyone your accomplishments.
Basically the screen capture stuff serves little purpose besides recording accomplishments and showing wacky stuff you see in a game.

Oh now I get it... Actually I don't but as long as some of you are excited about it I'm all for it. :)

Rumors now circulating that this will drop tomorrow and will now include Flash Player 9: PS3 2.50 firmware adds Flash 9 support News // PS3 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

The flash update is long overdue in my opinion. I wish they would come up with a whole new browser, but short of that, Flash is a step in the right direction.

It has like quasi-flash support now, but fully integrated support would be GREAT. Maybe now Youtube videos will work properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)