PS3 Hard Drive Required but not Included

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Hard drive is required to play games but may not be included.

March 14, 2006 - As part of the PlayStation Business Brief today in Tokyo, Ken Kutaragi confirmed that the PlayStation 3 will require a hard drive peripheral for games. Developers are being told to create games with the assumption that a hard disk will be present.

"The hardware was developed with the hard disk in mind," Kutaragi said.

Earlier, we mistakenly reported that Sony had confirmed plans to include the hard disk with the PS3 right out of the box. Kutaragi actually stopped short of confirming this, leaving it as an area of speculation for now.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696056p1.html

They are dumb if they leave it off and you need it. I can see the guys at Microsoft rolling around on the floor laughing at this one.

I can see a lot of parents balking at this.

"So in order to play the games I need to buy something else too??"

If it takes USB hard drives then it won't be as big of deal as many target users already have USB drives filled with illegal downloads.:eek:

If it takes an XBox 360 style drive, then WTF are they thinking.:confused:

it is just an attempt to make the price of the console look cheaper. the good thing with the premium 360 is you could play it out of the box. just had to buy a game.

SCE is telling developers that they can expect a 60GB hard disk which is upgradeable, and support Linux OS. Additionally, the peripheral will act as a home server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts