PS3 Load Plug In

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
A lot of the sites I go to on the PS3, I get asked if I wan't to run, or load a Plug In before it procedes. Why is that? Also why does it ask me if I want to disable Java? One more question, when I go to speedtest.net, it tells me to download the latest flash player, and when I click the links to the download source it just goes back to the flash player download home page.

the PS3 browser either has issues or does not support flash/java apps, from what i remember.. i got annoyed with it and just bought a laptop to surf in my living room :)

Because the PS3 doesn't come with a loaded operating system (i.e. Windows), it also doesn't have a lot of those plugins that you probably already have loaded on your PC. To be honest, I've wondered if it is even possible (or safe) to download those plug-ins, since they're probably assuming that you are running an OS of some kind.

That's probably why the flash download doesn't work, also... these are all just educated guesses, of course, and I could be wrong - I've not really tried browsing much on mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)