PS3 or Sony BDP S300

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
I just wanted to check here which way will I get the most out of my Onkyo 605 and Blu Ray player if I connect the HDMI audio with the PS3 or the BDPS300 thanks.

A big hell no on the BDP-S300. It doesn't bitstream or internally decode. PCM appears to be going away in Blu-Ray releases.

The PS3 will internally decode Dolby TrueHD and likely DTS-MA in the near future.

The LG BH200, Panasonic BD-A(K)10 and Sharp units will internally decode Dolby TrueHD or bitstream high res audio allowing your Onkyo to decode DTS-MA (or Dolby TrueHD if you prefer).

A big hell no on the BDP-S300. It doesn't bitstream or internally decode. PCM appears to be going away in Blu-Ray releases.

The PS3 will internally decode Dolby TrueHD and likely DTS-MA in the near future.

The LG BH200, Panasonic BD-A(K)10 and Sharp units will internally decode Dolby TrueHD or bitstream high res audio allowing your Onkyo to decode DTS-MA (or Dolby TrueHD if you prefer).

Absolutely 100% incorrect. The BD10 and Sharp do not bitstream. They will only internally decode TrueHD.

Since you have a receiver that decodes HD audio your choices for bitstreaming are the Samsung 1400 (crap), Panasonic BD30 (flawless BD playback, Satisfactory SD upscaling), Pioneer 95 (has its quirks with a few titles but very good), Denon 2500 (suffers LFE at present but will be addressed soon), or the to be released Samsung 1500 (going by track record probably crap) or Sony 350 (probably solid).

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)