Sony Announces Profile 2.0 Upgrade for PS3 - late March

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
This info was bured deep in a thread in the Video Games forum (posted by dont24), but I thought it deserved its own thread in the Blu-ray forum:

PS3 To Support New Interactive Blu-ray Movie Features - PlayStation 3 News

I personally don't care too much about 2.0 capabilities, however, I couldn't be happier about this feature:

""Resume play" will enable PS3 system to start playing a Blu-ray disc and DVD at the point it was stopped, even if the disc had been removed. "

Unfortunately it says this feature won't support BD-J, does that rule out the majority of BD disks or just a few oddballs (older releases)?

Yes, resume play is probably the feature I would want the most too.
Another version of the announcement direct from Sony Software Development

PlayStation.Blog » Firmware v2.20 bringing BD-Live to PS3

Resume play previously worked on most disks as long as you kept on power and didn't eject them. They apparently have added code to save the position on the hard disk.

As far as the BD-J, the problem is that each disk with BD-J menus can take control of the playback. Some of these would not restart at the same position even if you simply stopped playback and then tried to resume. Probably depends on the BD-J coding. Maybe they can get some standarization of the BD-J menus that will support this on future disks.

Last edited:
TheaterTek on PC has resume playback capabilities for any video stream it can handle for as long as I can remember...:)

Diogen.

Resume play after off on some discs is better than on none, I guess. Still, looking forward to it.

+1. Now waiting for "Walk Hard" to see if 2.0 is worth it, or if it will just serve as another avenue for Sony's marketing partners.

I downloaded it but doubt I'll even use it. I rarely watch the trailers or anything. I generally watch the movie and back in the case or if I rented it, back it go's..

Downloaded last night -- first thing I noticed was that in the store things seemed to be moving quicker. They really need a new layout in that store. Took about 20 minutes and mine was done. Now I am looking forward to a 2.0 title to see what all the online fuss is about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts