PS3 v 2.2 is out!!

I checked a couple of minutes ago after playing a level of Lego Star Wars, just on impulse mind you (or perhaps the force told me) and there it was...downloading now.

I suppose I should check for an update for my PSP, too, huh?

Look, a full featured BD player for under $400!

This forum is full of people who don't watch or use extra features though according to the BD vs HDDVD debates...

Now like the PS3's video game component, it needs titles that support it.

This forum is full of people who don't watch or use extra features though according to the BD vs HDDVD debates...

um if it wasn't getting its but kicked by the Wii and having competition from the 360 the PS3 was $600 at launch remember?

Competition is the only reason the PS3 is $400 not because Sony wants to have a $400 2.0 player :p

I paid 600 for mine and feel like it was worth every penny...I also turned in my ps2 and they gave me 100 bucks towards the ps3...so 500 for me and I feel like this thing is great...and was great from day 1! The updates have just made it even better!

I paid 600 for mine and feel like it was worth every penny...I also turned in my ps2 and they gave me 100 bucks towards the ps3...so 500 for me and I feel like this thing is great...and was great from day 1! The updates have just made it even better!

Yup no problem with this statement :) Happy gaming and BR watching :D

For me, it's the "resume play" feature being added with this update that will make the PS3 a "full featured BD player." I've been pretty happy with it so far, but even some cheapo SD DVD players let you resume play after turning off the player. Hello?!

Here are the notes:

header.jpg

The PLAYSTATION®3 system software update may include security patches, new or revised settings and features and other items, which will change your current operating system. We encourage you to check this page from time to time for software updates and to always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
An update to the PS3™ system software was released on March 25, 2008. You can use this update to upgrade your system software to version 2.20.

English | Español | Français

View Update History
Notices

• Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or on this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3™ system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3™ system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3™ system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
  • The system software included within this product is subject to a limited license from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Refer to PLAYSTATION®3 EULA for details.
  • This update is for customers who own PS3™ systems sold in North America. DO NOT update your PS3™ system through this Web site if you purchased your system outside North America. There is no guarantee of proper operation with other models sold outside North America.
  • If your PS3™ system software version is 2.20 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to
    icn_settings.gif
    (Settings) >
    icn_PS3_systemsettings.gif
    (System Settings) > [System Information]. The information is shown in the [System Software] field.
  • This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
  • Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the system software.
  • Depending on your PS3™ system software version, the screen images and icons appearing on this Web site may differ from the actual product.
The PLAYSTATION®3 system software version 2.20 update includes the following:

BD Live support

BD-live_logo.png

Blu-ray Disc Profile 2.0 (BD-LIVE) is now supported. > See details.
Copying playlists

playlist_EN.jpg

You can now copy playlists that you create in
icn_photo.gif
(Photo) and
icn_music.gif
(Music) to a PSP® system. > See details.
Other new or revised features in version 2.20:

icn_settings.gif
Settings

• The way you register (pair) Bluetooth® devices has changed, and you can now register more devices. > See details.
  • A [BD Internet Connection] setting has been added under [BD/DVD Settings]. > See details.
  • An [Audio Output Device] setting has been added under [Remote Play Settings]. > See details.
icn_photo.gif
Photo

• You can now display an image while editing a playlist.
icn_music.gif
Music

• You can now play a music track while editing a playlist.
icn_video.gif
Video

• You can now play DivX and WMV files that are 2 GB or larger.
  • You can now display subtitles when playing DivX files.
  • You can now resume playing a DVD from the point where you previously stopped it. > See details.
  • A [Mosquito Noise Reduction] option has been added under [AV Settings] in the control panel for standard DVDs. > See details.
  • You can now play BD-R version 1.2 (LTH* BD-R) discs.
    *LTH, or low to high, is a recording method that supports organic dye, write-once BD-R media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts