PS600XL C-band - need help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ekjr

Original poster
May 23, 2006
Hello, we bought this satellite dish new years ago. There is no one around who will service a C-band anymore that we know of. The problem we are having is some wires are corroded in the feed horn and some wires came off on the back of the receiver. I tried to put them back but I don't know what I am doing because - even tho the wires are colored, there is no color codes in the manual. I have it all hooked up the best I know how but the dish limits stays at 5000 and cannot go east or west. I am sure it is a simple wiring problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, ekjr

Take a look at this thread, it may help you as far as wiring the reciever:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=35699
It sounds as if your reciever is not recieving a pulse when the dish moves, which means the pulse sensor wires are hooked up improperly or are disconnected.

Please explain what the wires look like in the feedhorn. Are they coaxial cables or thin wires going to the servo motor?

Hi, the wires on the feedhorn are red white and black thin wires. I have them hooked up red to red, black to black and white to white. There is also a coax hooked up and a coax that is just cut off and not being used.
On the back of the receiver, the 2 thick wires are hooked up to the acuator and then there are 3 thin wires - orange brown and green. There are 3 slots for them - one says ground, one has a square looking symbol, and the other says 12v. Right now the orange wire is in the square symbol slot and the brown wire in in the 12v slot and nothing in the ground.
I hope you can visualize it. Thanks, ekjr

I don't have your receiver, but I'll take a stab at this and guess. You should not use the one that has the 12v (leave it empty), leave the orange one where you have it, and put the brown and green together in the ground slot. This might work and if it doesn't, you're no worse off than you already are.

Al

Hi, thanks for the info on the wires. The system is a President PS600XL made by Uniden. I will try the rewiring in a little while and let you know. Thanks
This is a link to the manual to my receiver
http://www.uniden.com/index/manuals_results.cfm?cat=10

Thanks! I hooked up the wires the way you suggested and it worked!!
Now all I need to do is figure out the dish limits for each channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts