PSB's DVB World USB Satellite Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You will not regret checking it out!

I use mine slaved to my MAIN receiver. I use the receiver to blind scan to find HD, 4:2:2 and AC3 audio programming then enter the finds into the DVB World box.

The DVB World USB receiver will also work with a DiSEqC 1.2 motor and a 4 way DiSEqC switch!

PSB said:
You will not regret checking it out!

I use mine slaved to my MAIN receiver. I use the receiver to blind scan to find HD, 4:2:2 and AC3 audio programming then enter the finds into the DVB World box.

The DVB World USB receiver will also work with a DiSEqC 1.2 motor and a 4 way DiSEqC switch!
How do you "slave" to your main receiver ?

Run a coax from the IF out (Loopout on the Fortec Classic NA. receiver) to the LNB in on the DVB world box, you are stuck on the same polarity as the receiver but thats no big deal to change :)

It can also be slaved with any other FTA receiver through a 4DTV receiver. Got my
QualiTV QS1080IR last week, hooked it up with the 3618 and so far am quite happy.:) I don't have an HD TV, but I will say that the HD feeds look sharper.:)

Looks like I will be be up the whole night making another one, I have plenty of matchsticks and glue anyway :)

THANKS!

DVB World & OS X

Mine arrives tomorrow - I'll hook it up to the Intel PC then give it a go with my iBook G4.

I have a few OS X software options - if interested I'll pass on what works.

Got mine today - Mini unit, mini manual, mini install disk.

Installed the software, tried to read the manual - decided to watch DaVinci's City Hall instead. Maybe I'll D/L the pdf manual later and zoom in to save the eyes.

Firefighter Dan said:
Got mine today - Mini unit, mini manual, mini install disk.

Installed the software, tried to read the manual - decided to watch DaVinci's City Hall instead. Maybe I'll D/L the pdf manual later and zoom in to save the eyes.
Pete posted a link to the manual with his review.It's readable there.

PSB said:
Another cool feature, with no channel playing right click on the screen and choose preview. The screen splits into 9 with a snap shot of each channel on the TP.

Double click on one of the 9 screens and the channel plays.......

If there are fewer then 9 channels it just continually flicks through snap shots of each channel available!

My guess is that is a software feature , not a feature of the box ?

Don't they make a USB to wireless adapter ?

Wonder how that would work , wireless from a PC or laptop to the DVB box ?

I use MyTheatre on Twinhan 1020A & Nexus-S PCI DVB-S cards .

Wyr

I have been playing with this all day.I didn't find it as easy as Pete did but I did at least get it working.I have it slaved from my Coolsat 4000 to drive the motor.I have not figured out how to set this thing up to properly move the motor itself.I have to agree with Pete.Incredible little device with a beautiful picture on my PC.It records very well also.I love the fact that I can watch all the 4:2:2 feeds.Has anyone else set one of these up yet ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)