Pt 24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I am not going to pursue this until the end of the month or when they go off of analog, but when I go to the new PT 24 locations W3 500 (ABC), 501 (CBS) it tells me "this channel not available" and 502 (NBC) says "cannot find channel, continue to search." I was getting 500 with no audio and 501 with audio and video. Is anybody getting any of these channels with audio and video? I am subscriber to ABC, but have been receiving NBC along with it for years.

Jim,

I'm seeing the same thing here. I'm also not getting TV Land right now. The other channels moved from GB are coming in fine though.

Mike

Just noticed that CNBC and MSNBC are also coming up saying a subscription is needed. I think they're supposed to be in AD now, so I should be getting them. Guess NPS is still having issues.

Do a rehit and that should solve your problem by calling NPS or going to www.callnps.com and doing a online rehit.I did the online rehit and it worked plus I stayed on G1-3.

adrian777 said:
Do a rehit and that should solve your problem by calling NPS or going to www.callnps.com and doing a online rehit.I did the online rehit and it worked plus I stayed on G1-3.

That worked great. I've got CNBC, MSNBC, and TVLand back now. Don't know why I didn't think to do that in the first place. Thanks Adrian!

Thanks Adrian, it worked here as well. First time I've ever done an online hit. It was just too simple. I'm still not getting WPIX. I get the "searching for channel" message, although the digital light lights up, unlike where PT24 is. PT24 gets the "searching for channel" message, but the digital light doesn't come on. I've been told the PT24 will not be compatible with the 920. Oh well, I just hope WPIX isn't going to be one of those type channels.

Al

I figured it was a major issue because when I called NPS they couldn't take the call because they were overloaded. I was making the call because of TV Land, since everybody is reporting the same I will let it slide for now.

Diamond Jim said:
I figured it was a major issue because when I called NPS they couldn't take the call because they were overloaded. I was making the call because of TV Land, since everybody is reporting the same I will let it slide for now.

Everything is ok for TV land now, best to do a online rehit though do not call, the lines are overloaded.

I am pretty computer ignorant, I have never had any luck with the online re hit.:eek:

UPDATE: As usual the online re hit didn't work, tried 7 times with no luck. Called NPS, got right through and in 30 seconds I am back in business. I would say the computer sucks, but I am pretty damn sure it's the operator.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts