PTAT and Timer Conflict

MagnumVP

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
CA
I want to utilize the PTAT as my forth tuner when I'm recording 3 shows at a time (i.e. SyFy, A&E, History) but want to watch TBBT.

However I don't need to keep all those shows for 8 days (if feels I'm wasting space on the HD). However there are 4 shows during PT that I want to record for longer.

Is it possible to enable PTAT but only use that tuner to record PT events that I schedule through my Timers?

I want to utilize the PTAT as my forth tuner when I'm recording 3 shows at a time (i.e. SyFy, A&E, History) but want to watch TBBT.

You only have 3 satellite tuners, PTAT uses one of the three.
However I don't need to keep all those shows for 8 days (if feels I'm wasting space on the HD). However there are 4 shows during PT that I want to record for longer.

You can set PTAT to save anywhere from 2 to 8 days if your that worried about space.
Is it possible to enable PTAT but only use that tuner to record PT events that I schedule through my Timers?

No, PTAT is all or nothing but you can choose which of the four networks & which days of the week to record if you don't need all four networks or all 7 days of the week

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just disable PTAT since I have timers for everything that I need.

Thanks

I believe you can turn off networks so they don't record and have others alone, this would cut down the number of programs you would need to search in the PTAT. If you have different networks on different nights, it would take more time to toggle the feature on/off everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)